Covington Catholic - 2020 Schedule

theguru

Assuming CCH loses to LaSalle (OH) who do you believe the other two losses will be to?

LexCath, Highlands, Ryle or Conner all should be good games next season. I think CCH is still going to have an edge but all of those teams should be better going forward albeit some will be rather young.

On offense returning starters are two linemen, WR Reardon and QB Jacob.

On defense there is one returning starter, safety Schneider.

The defense also returns the #5 tackler from this past season, linebacker Luke Stegman. He will be a senior, as is Ben Dickhaus who is a returning offensive lineman. Ben also saw significant time on the defensive line. Sam France was a linebacker who played in all but one game last season and had 14 tackles. He will be another returning senior, and I believe he also doubles at wide receiver.

Aside from the guys mentioned in your post and in mine thus far, along with kicker Trey Gronotte, all of whom will definitely be leaned on heavily for leadership, I would look to see a lot from:

Matt Henn DL (Senior)

Peter Rice OL/DL (Senior)

Ken Janiszewski OL/DL (Senior)

Charlie Sora DB (Senior)

Jacob Danneman QB/DB (Senior)

Jackson Hodge WR (Senior)

Jadon Stava RB/LB (Junior)

Reid Hummel RB/DB (Junior)

Robbie Sandfoss RB/DB (Junior)

John Lenihan DB (Junior)

Sam Epplen OL/DL (Junior)

Brayden Collins RB/LB (Junior)

Freshman who were moved up to varsity at the end of 2019:

Aiden Jones LB/TE

Max Lawrie OL/DL

Donovan Ambrocio QB

Thomas Schramm OL/DL

Oliver Bend LB

So saying you wished someone was on the schedule is not commenting on the schedule?

I think the point is that the comment didn't really add anything to the thread topic...which is what Cov Cath's 2020 football schedule is.

We're more than happy to have discussions about pretty much anything here on BGP. That's all well and good. If you, or SHAMROCK69 or anyone wants to start a thread about the teams they would like to see on Trinity's schedule, that's awesome. Sounds like a great topic for an offseason thread for basically any team really. Seriously.

That said, this thread is about an existing, complete football schedule...which is a schedule that was actually already committed to at this time over a year ago. It doesn't include Trinity. Yet, here we are talking about Trinity. And I feel like that pretty clearly illustrates the point 'Ru was making.

I want to say 9-1, but am struggling between that and 8-2. At some point, Ryle has to take advantage of the talent they have coming up through the pipeline. Don't sleep on Highlands either... both have a LOT of help on the way.

I don't see Ryle beating CCH in 2020. I know they have a good junior class coming, so does CCH, but there is no way they can improve that much in one year. On Highlands, I am sleeping on them until further notice so I think it is a no go against CovCath too.

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have a complaint (or if you have any constructive criticism) you need to send an email to theguru@fuse.net and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue. When a moderator warns of possible rule violation or makes a request in a thread, do not ignore the warning/request and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning, ignoring a moderator request or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules may result in your suspension.

The defense also returns the #5 tackler from this past season, linebacker Luke Stegman. He will be a senior, as is Ben Dickhaus who is a returning offensive lineman. Ben also saw significant time on the defensive line. Sam France was a linebacker who played in all but one game last season and had 14 tackles. He will be another returning senior, and I believe he also doubles at wide receiver.

Aside from the guys mentioned in your post and in mine thus far, along with kicker Trey Gronotte, all of whom will definitely be leaned on heavily for leadership, I would look to see a lot from:

Matt Henn DL (Senior)

Peter Rice OL/DL (Senior)

Ken Janiszewski OL/DL (Senior)

Charlie Sora DB (Senior)

Jacob Danneman QB/DB (Senior)

Jackson Hodge WR (Senior)

Jadon Stava RB/LB (Junior)

Reid Hummel RB/DB (Junior)

Robbie Sandfoss RB/DB (Junior)

John Lenihan DB (Junior)

Sam Epplen OL/DL (Junior)

Brayden Collins RB/LB (Junior)

Freshman who were moved up to varsity at the end of 2019:

Aiden Jones LB/TE

Max Lawrie OL/DL

Donovan Ambrocio QB

Thomas Schramm OL/DL

Oliver Bend LB

Isaiah Roedig was getting playing time at DB before a season ending injury. He will help next year as well.

How bad is LaSalle going to have it out for CCH next year after the Colonels were essentially a big ole nasty bruise on their otherwise story-book season?

LaSalle lost to Winton Woods (OH) too so it is not like CovCath was the only blemish on the D2 State Championship team.

To answer your question, I am sure it will provide additional motivation for the Lancers but their schedule is always loaded with big games so I wouldn't read too much into the revenge factor.