Independent's Girl's Basketball Preview

It is out today and was well worth the wait. Excellent cover of five deserving girls (certainly tops the highly disappointing and overly partisan boys's cover) with fine in depth articles inside.

I don't see how anyone can argue with Russell being chosen as the top team in the region. They have not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, but six, yes six, six footers as well as another Okora who is a 5'11" seventh grader. They have two of the five top players in the region and return two seasoned guards to lead the offense. They also feature one of the area's top coaches.

The Lady Red Devils are clearly loaded and Rowan County, with the return of most of last year's fine players, the addition of the talented 6'1" Furman, and a devastatingly demanding schedule, will be a real threat in March.

If you haven't purchased your copy yet, you need to get one.

This years edition of ther girls b.b. preview imo was done very well. I also agree with the cover was very good spotlighting some very deserving kids :thumb: . All articles (that I have read so far) were well written with respect to each team. I agree that russell should be the #1 pick this year. They have loads of talent and are very well coached. Rowan and R.H. should also factor in but I still look for Raceland with Seals,Vanderhoof, the Porter girls and others to maybe be a factor :sssh: . Raceland may not win it (region) but depending on the district and region draws they may have a say in who does.;)