Class 2A Playoffs: #1 Lexington Christian Academy vs. #2 Somerset Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Lexington Christian Academy
    • Somerset

Who wins this district championship matchup? Lexington Christian Academy won this game in the last meeting 35-34. It was an absolute barn burner. Does Somerset get there revenge in this one? Or Does Lexington Christian Academy keep marching on?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I been saying the team that losses the first game would be my pick for the 2nd rematch so I'm taking Somerset by 7. Somerset is healthy now, and have they're original line back with size and strength they didn't have the last time they played. Somerset should of won the last game, but to many stupid penalties killed drives in the first half, and you can't let teams like LCA hang around. Somerset run game looks to be back against Danville. The line helped a freshman get 100 yards rushing against Danville. If the defense plays like they did, and Somerset stays in front of the chains running power football, and eats the clock they can win this. If they make stupid pentalties, and let LCA offense stay on the field its over. I truly feel the winner will be your next champion, but a lot of football to still be played.

If it is half as good as the first game then it will be a classic. Both of these teams are very good. I left the first game thinking Somerset was the better team but I liked what LCA did in that game, especially their defensive pressure. I'm sure both teams will be prepared. No result would be a surprise but I'll pick the Jumpers.