Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

James Wiseman ruled ineligible

Featured Replies

Memphis calling Cal the snitch?

 

Student newspaper is saying Cal and others are jealous of Penny.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Memphis calling Cal the snitch?

 

Student newspaper is saying Cal and others are jealous of Penny.

 

It always gets me that people look at "the snitch" with as much if not more disgust than the criminal. I applaud snitches and whistleblowers. Hey Memphis fans, how about not cheating?

So, I guess this just occurred to me. If Wiseman passes on Memphis and chooses UK, there's likely no eligibility issue problems and he's still playing correct? Or would they still say he took money from a booster at a school that was recruiting him? Trying to wrap my head around it since the Memphis student writer decided to make it about UK too.

It always gets me that people look at "the snitch" with as much if not more disgust than the criminal. I applaud snitches and whistleblowers. Hey Memphis fans, how about not cheating?

 

I'm right there with you. I've always felt that folks that blame the "snitch" maybe are lacking a bit in the moral compass department and telling them as much typically makes them happy too.:lol2:

Memphis calling Cal the snitch?

I don’t believe that for a second. There’s enough eyes in the basketball world focused on every move made by Kentucky. Why would Cal want to open up that can of worms?

I don't think Calipari is the snitch either, but who knows.

 

The student writer is going places. Throw in Calipari and/or Kentucky and it will help get your more clicks/attention. He/She is paying good attention in the Forde/Goodman journalism classes.

  • Author

The NCAA has suspended potential No. 1 pick James Wiseman of Memphis for 12 total games and will clear him on January 12th.

 

NCAA also says Wiseman "must donate $11,500 to a charity of his choice." Wiseman will be cleared to play on January 12th at South Florida.

 

?

The NCAA has suspended potential No. 1 pick James Wiseman of Memphis for 12 total games and will clear him on January 12th.

 

NCAA also says Wiseman "must donate $11,500 to a charity of his choice." Wiseman will be cleared to play on January 12th at South Florida.

 

 

I wonder if he can wait until after the season to make the donation? Hopefully he can.

Just a slap on the wrist.

  • Author
I wonder if he can wait until after the season to make the donation? Hopefully he can.

 

Futures money is a slippery slope if you ask me.

I wonder if he can wait until after the season to make the donation? Hopefully he can.

 

I might be wrong, but I think I read that is has to be paid before reinstated.

  • Author
I might be wrong, but I think I read that is has to be paid before reinstated.

 

So, where does he come up with 12K in 60 days?

So, where does he come up with 12K in 60 days?

 

Great question. I will see if I can find where I read that.

  • Author
Great question. I will see if I can find where I read that.

 

That was my interpretation as well, it has to be paid. What if this was the 7th man on the team, not guaranteed anything in the summer?

So, where does he come up with 12K in 60 days?

 

Another booster.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.