Final Ranking of Top 5 Teams In The State Overall

Bluesport

In my mind I think that Manual deserves a spot in the 4A top ten but maybe not the overall top ten. I am trying to look at this objectively and I know that there are some A, AA, AAA teams who can matchup well with some 4A teams. It would be arrogant to think that all 4A teams are head and shoulders better than smaller class programs. Sure the sheer numbers differences in the smaller class schools would put them at a distinct disadvantage but they could still compete and beat some of the over rated teams in larger classes.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rocks hosted CovCath at Trinity in 7 on 7. The Rocks defeated them quite handily. Most in attendance agreed that while CovCath had a couple of outstanding receivers, the Rocks had many more weapons. I think the Rocks win the QB matchup as well. What "passing league" are you talking about?

I thought the 7 on 7 between CovCath and Trinity was a push?

#1 Trinity

Winner of the 4A State Title.

#2 Male

Only Loss was to Trinity.

#3 St X

Only losses were to Trinity and Male and;

Beat Bowling Green in the first game of the season and;

JMO, X would have beat Cov. Cath. had they played.

(Ps. We all get the opportunity to see that the next 2 seasons.)

#4 Cov. Cath.

Winner of the 3A State Tital.

#5 Bowling Green

Only losses were to St. X and Cov. Cath.

1. Cov Cath

2. Trinity

3. Male

4. Lex Cath

5. Highlands (I know they lost to St. X, but if they played again I think Highlands would win, and it is a FINAL ranking so i'll stick by it)

You do have a right to your opinion, but the head-to-head facts do not support you. St. X. traveled to NKY and beat Highlands 35-21. They also played Lexington Catholic and blasted them 47-0. How in the world can you honestly rank these teams above the Tigers? :rolleyes: