Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Male 51 St. Xavier 14

Featured Replies

On the bright side... I’ll take a beating like this during Week 3 so the players and coaches can regroup. Nothing is as bad as it seems; Coach Wallace and his staff will make adjustments and get better. This was round 1 and there should be a round 2 with a game we all expected last night to be. Glad it wasn’t a district game.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat in every phase of the game. Hope we are embarrassed enough to come back and make amends. #s 5,8,9, and 22 were killers. Speed kills.

I do have a question. Had to leave early in 3rd. Turned on radio and X had thrown up the white flag and put in sophomore QB,RB, etc. After the 3 and out, Male reinserted first team. What was up with that? Male Coach lost my respect on that.

 

I am having obtuse difficulty wrapping my head around a private-school power like St. X actually complaining about a public school running it up on them and rubbing it in. Anyone else struggle with this or do I just need a nap?

I am having obtuse difficulty wrapping my head around a private-school power like St. X actually complaining about a public school running it up on them and rubbing it in. Anyone else struggle with this or do I just need a nap?

 

X has always had a thing about this concept.

I am having obtuse difficulty wrapping my head around a private-school power like St. X actually complaining about a public school running it up on them and rubbing it in. Anyone else struggle with this or do I just need a nap?

 

Watched the game live and the St. X announcers actually apologized for making that comment. After making it they corrected and said St. X had their starters still in and were careful later to credit both coaches for bringing in young guys at same time. Can't comment on inaccuracies of radio announcers.

Male and Trinity should be moved from Male. That place will be a madhouse.

 

I'm not familiar with Males stadium, do they not have the capacity for the expected crowd? Just curious why Male would give up home field advantage.

I am having obtuse difficulty wrapping my head around a private-school power like St. X actually complaining about a public school running it up on them and rubbing it in. Anyone else struggle with this or do I just need a nap?

 

No, I’m with you. Anybody complaining about the score getting run up is weak. Especially weak in this instance.

I'm not familiar with Males stadium, do they not have the capacity for the expected crowd? Just curious why Male would give up home field advantage.

 

Male wouldn’t and shouldn’t give up home field advantage. But that place is a disaster when there are large crowds. Plus, there’s something going on with the lights there. I saw only one light pole on the visitor side of the field with two smaller light fixtures on each end of the visiting bleachers. Seemed very dark to me.

I have a problem getting my head around one of the premier football programs in the state

having this sort of lingering issue.

I could b wrong but isn't the Electrical Workers Union HQ right next door ????

If the announcers were wrong, and later corrected, then I was wrong or assumed more also. I don't mind getting beat up if we are outplayed, and It was obvious that we were. We are big boys and can take it. I do think that X has a good reputation among JCPS, and state schools for playing everyone with a big lead. I think Mike Glaser was good at that. My point is simply that if a team waves the white flag and subs, do likewise. I can't deny that some scores get out of hand.

I think Male's stadium holds the crowd. Visitors seats are far better and bigger than ours. I agree lighting does seem to be an issue.

The problem is that even though we are a premier football program...we are still a Jefferson County Public School. Money comes from the state...

Male wouldn’t and shouldn’t give up home field advantage. But that place is a disaster when there are large crowds. Plus, there’s something going on with the lights there. I saw only one light pole on the visitor side of the field with two smaller light fixtures on each end of the visiting bleachers. Seemed very dark to me.

 

I understand, I've never been to Male so I didn't know large crowds were an issue there. Regardless it sounds like they need to get the lights fixed asap.

I think Male's stadium holds the crowd. Visitors seats are far better and bigger than ours. I agree lighting does seem to be an issue.

 

So are most grade schools.

I understand, I've never been to Male so I didn't know large crowds were an issue there. Regardless it sounds like they need to get the lights fixed asap.

We play Trinity at home every other year, it will be fine. Will it be crowded? Sure, but that just means it will be a fun high school football game. The lighting situation will be fine, played Ballard there on the 30th and everyone could see fine.

The problem is that even though we are a premier football program...we are still a Jefferson County Public School. Money comes from the state...

 

My mistake.

I was under the mistaken impression they had a loyal and passionate fan/alumni base of supporters.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.