Fayette County Public Schools Game Time Change

Tigerpride94

Starting this week, when two Fayette County public schools play each other, the game time is 6:30. It’s in response to someone at a game yelling “Gun”. I’m not sure what an hour game time change will do to make a difference. Will be tougher on parents/ volunteers that work games to get there from jobs.

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

AND

No Politics.

What are the Fayette County public schools claiming the benefits are of 630pm start times?

Earlier end times and hoping more younger kids will come out. But the funny thing to me it was younger kids that caused all the problems two weeks ago at Douglass. Secondly younger kids will not be allowed to enter without our parents or guardians. That kinda defeats the purpose in my opinion.

If you are concerned about guns, put a metal detector at each gate. The time the game starts won't deter a gunman. You also stand to lose significantly at the gate. There are many patrons that won't attend if they think they can't make kickoff and have other entertainment waiting at home/elsewhere.

I see the forecast is calling for highs of around 95 degrees this Friday in Lexington, I wonder if the "smart people" in the Fayette County Public School system have plans to move the game times back to say, 730pm or later, to address the possible heat index issue.

Anyone?

I see the forecast is calling for highs of around 95 degrees this Friday in Lexington, I wonder if the "smart people" in the Fayette County Public School system have plans to move the game times back to say, 730pm or later, to address the possible heat index issue.

Anyone?

If not it’ll probably be that late or later anyway. It is currently 98-100 right now depending on what part of town you are in. If I’m not mistaken only 6:30 game this Friday is Frederick Douglass at PLD I believe that the other 5 play schools outside of the city.