Attendance for 4A Championship

rocktopper

I think the KHSAA should focus on having the top two teams if possible. The so-called blind draw has been exposed as a fraud. The fix was in to limit the teams from one dominate area, is that the job of the KHSAA? The result will be poor attendance and falling revenue. Should we cheer that outcome? I'm sure your response will be that low attendance will result in additional federal funds for the school system.:D

So you are against the layout of the Sweet 16 that doesn't guarantee the top two teams in the finals? In fact, when Pendleton County went to the Sweet 16, I believe 4 of the top 6 teams was all in the same 4-team pod of the bracket. Guess that was a fraud too.

Or do you prefer the college football systems that allows a computer to pick the top two teams?

Also, let me point out that the KHSAA should be focusing on the experience on all of the athletes rather than the athletes of just a handful of teams. If the KHSAA ever gets to the point that they JUST worry about the top two teams when making decisions, it is the day that the KHSAA should be disbanded. The athletes of a A school with 60 students should be as EQUAL in importance as the athletes at any of the 4 state championship schools from this season.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are against the layout of the Sweet 16 that doesn't guarantee the top two teams in the finals? In fact, when Pendleton County went to the Sweet 16, I believe 4 of the top 6 teams was all in the same 4-team pod of the bracket. Guess that was a fraud too.

Or do you prefer the college football systems that allows a computer to pick the top two teams?

The Sweet Sixteen is fine. Its an actual blind draw. The old luck of the draw. I think it would be better if it were seeded, but who would we trust to seed it. The whole blind draw fraud in football this year kind of exposes their ethics.

The Sweet Sixteen is fine. Its an actual blind draw. The old luck of the draw. I think it would be better if it were seeded, but who would we trust to seed it. The whole blind draw fraud in football this year kind of exposes their ethics.

How does it expose ethics? Will it be unethical every time the draw comes out with this scenario? That is like a gambler saying it is unethical that he rolled snakeyes just because the odds are 36-1.

It will be low IMO. Thursday night. No disrespect to Ryle but they will come in as a huge underdog which turns off a lot of the walk up crowd. The weather looks bad. I'm guessing less than 10,000. Good job KHSAA.

Yes, exactly. Trinity, St. X, and Male should be the only playoff teams and just play a round robin for the state title. That way attendance is always high!

Attendance of crowds should be the focus of the KHSAA.:rolleyes:

In this case it 100 percent should be. The KHSAA can make tons of money on the 4-A football game and they have for a few years now. It's one of the only times they do make money on a state championship event. They should make every effort to play it at a time when they can make more money. It only helps out all of the schools and all of the other sports! With a low crowd, the KHSAA takes a huge financial hit!

With that said and the bad weather projected for the weekend, I say 9,000 (mostly green) for the 4-A finals and less than 10,000 all day Friday (it's going to snow!).

While I'm not a resident of Union, I'll go out on a limb and say those fine folks could care less how many people show up as long as the boys on the field are there.

I'd say that's a really strong limb to go out on then!!!

I don't care if Trinity brings 1 or 10,000 fans the Raider supporters will be and will be heard!

In this case it 100 percent should be. The KHSAA can make tons of money on the 4-A football game and they have for a few years now. It's one of the only times they do make money on a state championship event. They should make every effort to play it at a time when they can make more money. It only helps out all of the schools and all of the other sports! With a low crowd, the KHSAA takes a huge financial hit!

With that said and the bad weather projected for the weekend, I say 9,000 (mostly green) for the 4-A finals and less than 10,000 all day Friday (it's going to snow!).

There was information posted several months back that indicated that the KHSAA makes a lot more money on the Sweet 16 than they do on the football playoffs. The Sweet 16 is the cash cow not the 4A state championship game.

There was information posted several months back that indicated that the KHSAA makes a lot more money on the Sweet 16 than they do on the football playoffs. The Sweet 16 is the cash cow not the 4A state championship game.

I would hope so. The sweet 16 is 15 games, 4-A state championship game is one.:confused:

I would hope so. The sweet 16 is 15 games, 4-A state championship game is one.:confused:

The draw of when the teams play is going to hurt the turnout as well. There would be a lot more people for the AAAA game if it was simply on Saturday rather than Thurs night from both Louisville and NKY.