Tennessee 24 NY Giants 21

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

The score was 21 to 0 going into the 4th qaurter with the Giants winning. Then......MELTDOWN! Manning was 18-28 for 143 yards & 2 picks. Who is in first place in their division? Big game next week vs the Boys! Giants have lost 3 straight.

Go Cowboys!

I just got back from the game and all I can say is whoaaaaaaaa nellllllllllllllllly. LP field was rockin in the fourth quarter and after.

I would not have given you a plug nickel for the Titans in the first half. This was the first NFL game that my two sons and I have ever been to and it was great. I don't think I will go to another game because it really can't get any better than what I saw tonight.

I just made it back from Nashville. Man am I glad I got to go on a long car ride before posting. Here are my thoughts...

The Giants played the first half like a great team. They pounced on the Titans mistakes, and played great defense.

The second half...well...the 4th quarter was a different story. I dont know what Coughlin or the coaching staff was thinking. I felt like the playcalling was horrible, and just the overall management of the game...was pathetic in the fourth quarter. I'm not going to support Eli Manning here anymore until he plays better. I think I could have thrown the ball better. He's quite possibly (at the moment) the worst QB in the league. It is SAD that the Giants are still in the playoff hunt.

Another thing that bothers me were just a few plays. I'm now a believer that the "Roughing the passer" penalty has changed the game. Mathias Kiwanuka had Vince Young SACKED ...had his arms around him...and the only explanation I have is...he thought Young threw the ball...and did not want the Roughing the passer penalty...so he let him go? The thing is...YOUNG DIDNT THROW THE BALL! :laugh: Either he's really stupid, or really cautious. Either way, that was the ball game. It was 4th down...and the game would have been over. STUPID STUPID STUPID Play by Kiwi.

I give all the credit in the world to the Titans. They took advantage of the fact that they were playing against a very stupid team. Another thing that bothers me is injuries. I don't know how one team can have so many injuries? The Giants today were without 2 starting DE's(Stay/Osi), a back up DE(Tuck), two starting OLB's (Arrington, Short), and two starting corner backs (Webster, Madison). The injuries were not the reason for today's loss...but why are they getting so many? Is it something to do with the way they train? I have no idea.

Another thing...Plaxico was the reason for Eli's first INT IMO. He didnt fight Pacman for that ball at all. It was sickening.

And the last thing...the fans around us were great for the most part. I had tickets 12 rows off the field in a group of season ticket holders...and they were very nice with the exception of one woman. After the Giants first TD, my girlfriend and I stood up and clapped (no yelling involved) and the woman in front of us turned around and yelled at us that it was "enough already" :lol:. She said that we were being rude and she should be like New york fans and "smack us". And I begged her to do so, so that I could have had her arrested for assault :laugh:

Anyways...this is a long post...probably meaningless to most here. I felt like I got a good swift kick to the gut tonight...it hurt to watch. I dont know if the Giants will win another game...but if they decide to win one...it better happen next week. A loss next week (which looks very likely) and they might not recover. I just hope some of the injured players make it back...coz if not...it could get real ugly.

Bring on the crow Cowboy fans...I deserve it! The Boys (for now..a lot could change :lol:) are the best team in the NFC East...and possibly the NFC! I'm not off the Giants wagon though...I never will be.

I just made it back from Nashville. Man am I glad I got to go on a long car ride before posting. Here are my thoughts...

The Giants played the first half like a great team. They pounced on the Titans mistakes, and played great defense.

The second half...well...the 4th quarter was a different story. I dont know what Coughlin or the coaching staff was thinking. I felt like the playcalling was horrible, and just the overall management of the game...was pathetic in the fourth quarter. I'm not going to support Eli Manning here anymore until he plays better. I think I could have thrown the ball better. He's quite possibly (at the moment) the worst QB in the league. It is SAD that the Giants are still in the playoff hunt.

Another thing that bothers me were just a few plays. I'm now a believer that the "Roughing the passer" penalty has changed the game. Mathias Kiwanuka had Vince Young SACKED ...had his arms around him...and the only explanation I have is...he thought Young threw the ball...and did not want the Roughing the passer penalty...so he let him go? The thing is...YOUNG DIDNT THROW THE BALL! :laugh: Either he's really stupid, or really cautious. Either way, that was the ball game. It was 4th down...and the game would have been over. STUPID STUPID STUPID Play by Kiwi.

I give all the credit in the world to the Titans. They took advantage of the fact that they were playing against a very stupid team. Another thing that bothers me is injuries. I don't know how one team can have so many injuries? The Giants today were without 2 starting DE's(Stay/Osi), a back up DE(Tuck), two starting OLB's (Arrington, Short), and two starting corner backs (Webster, Madison). The injuries were not the reason for today's loss...but why are they getting so many? Is it something to do with the way they train? I have no idea.

Another thing...Plaxico was the reason for Eli's first INT IMO. He didnt fight Pacman for that ball at all. It was sickening.

And the last thing...the fans around us were great for the most part. I had tickets 12 rows off the field in a group of season ticket holders...and they were very nice with the exception of one woman. After the Giants first TD, my girlfriend and I stood up and clapped (no yelling involved) and the woman in front of us turned around and yelled at us that it was "enough already" :lol:. She said that we were being rude and she should be like New york fans and "smack us". And I begged her to do so, so that I could have had her arrested for assault :laugh:

Anyways...this is a long post...probably meaningless to most here. I felt like I got a good swift kick to the gut tonight...it hurt to watch. I dont know if the Giants will win another game...but if they decide to win one...it better happen next week. A loss next week (which looks very likely) and they might not recover. I just hope some of the injured players make it back...coz if not...it could get real ugly.

Bring on the crow Cowboy fans...I deserve it! The Boys (for now..a lot could change :lol:) are the best team in the NFC East...and possibly the NFC! I'm not off the Giants wagon though...I never will be.

Well you are right there with the Bengals, because its like 1 and 1A with the Bengals and Giants when it comes to injuries this year....

Well you are right there with the Bengals, because its like 1 and 1A with the Bengals and Giants when it comes to injuries this year....

They both have a lot in common. 6-5, tons of injuries and a TOUGH schedule. The difference is the Bengals are playing decent and sometimes good football. The Giants...are not.