All-Northern KY Team Coaches Selections

Vince was first team as a junior in this coaches' poll, but not as a senior? I'll take this second teamer as my first choice if I was putting together a team in Northern Kentucky. He is a better running back than Farris. Remember, he plays both ways and still plays incredible football. Corey only plays one way.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backs - Duran Jefferson (Holmes),

Can somebody help me understand how a player who has been out for approximately 3/4 of the season can even get 2nd team recognition over kids who have played all year long?

Duran only missed 2 games...make sure you know your facts. But this list is comprised of who the coaches think are the best players at that position regardless of stats... which is :confused: :creepy:

The Top 24 is the list that makes sure every school is covered.

This list should be about the best players not the "pretty good players."

Look at the schools. Not every team is represented in the All Northern Kentucky squads. By "pretty good" I meant kids that were on teams not as good, but could actually go to Highlands and CovCath and start. These kids do actually exist.

Vince was first team as a junior in this coaches' poll, but not as a senior? I'll take this second teamer as my first choice if I was putting together a team in Northern Kentucky. He is a better running back than Farris. Remember, he plays both ways and still plays incredible football. Corey only plays one way.

Sorry I'll take Corey any day over Vince ! We played both and I think Corey is the more complete back . I would like to see both in the same back field , that would be interesting to watch !:thumb:

Sorry I'll take Corey any day over Vince ! We played both and I think Corey is the more complete back . I would like to see both in the same back field , that would be interesting to watch !:thumb:

If 500 yards in 2 games against your team that was supposed to win the district this year is not enough to convince you, not much I can say would convince you. He ran all over, around and through Dixie. A thing of beauty to be sure.

If 500 yards in 2 games against your team that was supposed to win the district this year is not enough to convince you, not much I can say would convince you. He ran all over, around and through Dixie. A thing of beauty to be sure.

Unfortunately, Corey has ran all over, around and through Dixie too!:irked: :lol:

Nathan Kater should be on that list, as well as Brandon Brown.

Dale - I could not agree with you more. Brandon should have made it as a DB, lead Cov Cath in both interceptions and passes defended. At running back having split time with Brent Buckley does not get numbers/stats to be selected for all star awards. Just wins!

Nathan moved from starting center in '05 to guard in '06. IMO has been one of the key factors in the Cov Cath's O-line success this year. The skill guys get most of the pub as they always do. For CCH to have two running backs rush for close to 2,000 yards in a pass first offense is probably one of those stats that will go unnoticed unless your a Colonels fan. Nate was the one that will stick out most to me, leading the way pulling and getting his block for Brent and Brandon.

Please don’t miss read this that I feel that these guys deserved selection over Nic and Joe. Sometimes awards such as these miss deserving young men when you have a ball club that is as loaded as CCH is this year. I just see both Brandon and Nathan being major factors on Friday as they have been all year long.

Just goes to show you that's why they are high school coaches, and not college scouts. They wouldn't know tallent if it bit them in the....

It took Ryle's coach until week 11 to make Murray the featured back. I believe someone said it was the timing of the vote that caused Vince to not be on it as a 1st team Back or backer. He is the best back in NKY, but it was his coaches late discovery of his talent that caused him to be slighted not the other coaches.