All-Northern KY Team Coaches Selections

All of the kids who made the team are deserving and should be commended for their performances this year.

Sorry CovCath fans, but the coaches could not put your whole team on the all-northern kentucky team because there are multiple other football teams in Northern Kentucky who have some pretty good players also.

Congrats to all of the First and Second team. You are all entitled to your opinion, but you should not pick and choose kids that should not be on the team. If you or your kid did not make the team. Tough!!! Go win the State Championship and then ask the kid how much he cares about being left off the All Northern Kentucky team.

I think if you re-read the posts, you will also find Highlands and Holmes fans (as well as the Guru) questioning the selections as well. In fact, about the only thing they agree on is the fact the selections left somebody deserving off the teams (they would probably disagree about who should be on the teams).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the kids who made the team are deserving and should be commended for their performances this year.

Sorry CovCath fans, but the coaches could not put your whole team on the all-northern kentucky team because there are multiple other football teams in Northern Kentucky who have some pretty good players also.

Congrats to all of the First and Second team. You are all entitled to your opinion, but you should not pick and choose kids that should not be on the team. If you or your kid did not make the team. Tough!!! Go win the State Championship and then ask the kid how much he cares about being left off the All Northern Kentucky team.

The Top 24 is the list that makes sure every school is covered.

This list should be about the best players not the "pretty good players."

For everyone that didn't quite understand the Top 24 Selections this is the actual All-Northern KY selections voted by the coaches and NOT restricted to classes.

FIRST TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterback - Steven Brown (Campbell County).

Running backs - Cory Farris (Boone County), Jordan Kramer (Highlands).

Wide receivers - Brandon Griffin (Campbell County), Kurt Bovard (CovCath).

Tight end - Pete Sutton (CovCath).

Linemen - Doug Vaughn (Boone County), Kyle Southwood (Newport), Scott Wise (Highlands), Zac Janning (Beechwood), Zack Kiernan (NewCath).

Place kicker - Shane Popham (CovCath).

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE

Linemen - Tanner Williams (Boone County), Zack Kiernan (NewCath), Jason Stallkamp (Dixie Heights), Kris Pridgen (Ryle).

Linebackers - Sam Flynn (CovCath), Ben Koester (Highlands), Rob Domaschko (Boone County).

Backs - Joe Castaneda (CovCath), Scott Gray (Ryle), Nick Kaiser (Boone County), Pete Kayiatos (Beechwood).

Punter - Josh Bleser (CovCath).

SECOND TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterback - Josh Elbert (Simon Kenton).

Running backs - Scott Gray (Ryle), Michael Vicars (NewCath).

Wide receivers - Pete Kayiatos (Beechwood), E.J. Dettmer (Dixie Heights).

Tight end - Luke Stein (Highlands).

Linemen - Cory Tymenski (Ryle), Donnie McGuire (Dixie Heights), Ben Schlosser (Highlands), Alex Hempfling (Highlands), Nick Hudepohl (CovCath).

Place kicker - Ross Uminger (Ryle).

SECOND TEAM DEFENSE

Linemen - Ronnie Ashton (Highlands), Zac Janning (Beechwood), Ziggy Niedzielski (NewCath), Galen Kidwell (Highlands).

Linebackers - Vince Murray (Ryle), Stephen Benson (Dixie Heights), Ryan Kelly (Scott).

Backs - Duran Jefferson (Holmes), John Snowball (Campbell County), Chris Hightchew (Dayton), Matt Mosier (Dixie Heights).

Punter - Ryne Wilfong (Nepwort).

http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061124/SPT0402/611240325/1033/NEWS02

Do you know if this is the same selection that was in the Post on Thursday and they left out Special Teams and the O-Line or is this a different selection? I am Shane Popham's dad and I have been told several different stories, I am try to find out which is the correct version. Thanks

The Top 24 is the list that makes sure every school is covered.

This list should be about the best players not the "pretty good players."

The NKY Top 24 are also kids that from what I understand get nominated for the "Thats My Boy" Award for kids that not only play football but are also good students or so they say. Apparently some schools don't always check the criteria for this award before sending a kids name in. The award should be for a kid who gives his best on the football field, is an excellent student and is liked and respected by fellow students, coaches and faculty. Hopefully some schools will do a better job before sending in someones name that doesn't meet these qualifications. Just being a good football player does not qualify one for the NKY Top 24 and especially the "Thats My Boy Award".

Although a Birds fan and nice to see several Birds on there... I wonder about a couple 2nd team picks. Outside of Schlosser and Hempfling who deserve recognition, I don't see any other Birds making this selection and if you are going to go with a DL from Ft. thomas... #92 had a better year than most. JMO....Koester prob had a better Jr year than Sr ..Congrats to all though no matter who picked.