What kind of TV do you own?

Randy Parker

55" LG Smart TV in upstairs living room

50" LG Smart Tv in downstairs living room

32" Samsung Smart TV in master bedroom

26" Westinghouse TV in gym/workout room (It's a 12x12 space with a treadmill, rower and Bowflex select tech dumbells...not really a gym)

40" RCA TV in my son's room until he goes back to college

32" Samsung Monitor in my home office downstairs--not really a tv but I do use it to watch youtube and netflix while I'm working at home.

All are less than 5 years old, all LCD TV's.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

75" Sony 900F series in the family/theater room

55" Vizio P series for the master bedroom

43" Toshiba fire TV's in the three kids bedrooms

Looking for suggestions on a 4k led or oled projector for a 120" drop down screen (already have the sony screen) I could use in front of the Sony TV in the theater room from time to time if anyone has any suggestions.

Also trying to decide whether to get a cheap smart TV for the deck or get a somewhat waterproof version if anyone has any suggestions on that. I can put the TV in a covered area of the deck but I figure humidity will still kill it, I just don't know how long that will take.

Looking for suggestions on a 4k led or oled projector for a 120" drop down screen (already have the sony screen) I could use in front of the Sony TV in the theater room from time to time if anyone has any suggestions.

Also trying to decide whether to get a cheap smart TV for the deck or get a somewhat waterproof version if anyone has any suggestions on that. I can put the TV in a covered area of the deck but I figure humidity will still kill it, I just don't know how long that will take.

I've looked into outdoor TV's (although it's been a couple years) and they were all really expensive. I'm probably going to go cheap on the TV and place it in one of the outdoor TV enclosures (which around $600-$800) and expect to replace the tv every couple years.

I've looked into outdoor TV's (although it's been a couple years) and they were all really expensive. I'm probably going to go cheap on the TV and place it in one of the outdoor TV enclosures (which around $600-$800) and expect to replace the tv every couple years.

Yeah I feel the same way about that. I've researched the "outdoor" TV's and thus far can't justify the cost. I could buy the same 43" fire TV that are in the kids bedrooms and likely get a couple of years out of it. With the way technology advances it seems like the most cost effective option. Before long the coating they're putting on cell phone internals will likely be much cheaper to use on outdoor TVs as well, driving the prices down.

I had this same plan when doing my basement, but bought the projector before the TV. I'm glad I did, because I would never use the TV.

We have a 3 or 4 year old 55+ LG in our family room and an old portable box TV in the guest bedroom/office. One thing that my wife and I agree on - no TV in the master bedroom. I'd rather read 15 minutes out of a good book than watch TV before I sleep.

We have a 3 or 4 year old 55+ LG in our family room and an old portable box TV in the guest bedroom/office. One thing that my wife and I agree on - no TV in the master bedroom. I'd rather read 15 minutes out of a good book than watch TV before I sleep.

I feel the same way(although my reading is done mostly electronically). My wife however, would rather watch tv, so we compromised, and we have a tv in the master bedroom.

I feel the same way(although my reading is done mostly electronically). My wife however, would rather watch tv, so we compromised, and we have a tv in the master bedroom.

The rooster rules the roost, but the hen rules the rooster!

If it is protected from the elements, just get a cheap one. We live in Florida where it doesn't get much more humid. Our TV has been on the patio wall for almost 3 years and is still going strong. I'm assuming yours will come inside during the winter so it will spend less time out there than ours.

Walmart has 43" TCL smart TVs for $200.

If it is protected from the elements, just get a cheap one. We live in Florida where it doesn't get much more humid. Our TV has been on the patio wall for almost 3 years and is still going strong. I'm assuming yours will come inside during the winter so it will spend less time out there than ours.

Walmart has 43" TCL smart TVs for $200.

Thank you. That sounds like a plan! If I can get a couple of years out of something like that itll serve its purpose.