2A Championship: Russell vs. Mercer County

wildcat111

Who wins the 2A title?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2A title?

I'll help you since you asked for help. You let people get under your skin way to easy. Why don't you walk the walk, then you can talk the talk, and win a championship on friday then run your head on Saturday. You are way to sensitive. Relax it's going to be a long week. Besides you and the rest of us on here will have absolutely no impact on this game. Take a deep breath and blow it out slowly.

It's all good Jeepman. Not sensitive at all, just disappointed. Mercer has heard it all year long. I just happen to think that the vast majority of Russell fans would not stoop to prepackaged excuses for losing to Mercer (5A school, merger, blah blah).

We should be talking about the game...period. Because this one's a tossup, and could go down as a title game classic.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's all good Jeepman. Not sensitive at all, just disappointed. Mercer has heard it all year long. I just happen to think that the vast majority of Russell fans would not stoop to prepackaged excuses for losing to Mercer (5A school, merger, blah blah).

We should be talking about the game...period. Because this one's a tossup, and could go down as a title game classic.

If you think for one minute that this game is a toss up you are nuts. Russell will have to play a perfect game and have a lot of good breaks. I'm done with this subject. It's been hocky from the beginning.

Let's play football

O'Cath never learns I guess... :confused:

For the record, Russell will not stack the box. They will use their base 5-2 just like every game this year, but they will throw multiple blitz and stunt packages as well as switching up the personnel.

in fact, yes it is a 5-2 defense. we also run the spread offense

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

:fight:

I think if you compare Belfry to Mercer this year you are mistaken. :thumb:

In response to number 5:

You need to get out of the mountains more. There are plenty of teams where the coaching and talent have meshed together. You just need to get out and see them. It's not as rare as you make it. If you need a history lesson check out what Sam Harp has done, Chuck Smith, or a number of others who've won far more titles and done more in the post season.

Not sure if you really realize where Russell is, but we do not live in the mountains. May need to check out that map.

GO DEVILS!!!!!!:devil: :fire:

Someone help me here.....what is this thread about again?

Oh and by the way, there is going to be a good game next Friday also. Sorry if I'm interupting the "consolidation, merger, 5A, bussing, % of Hburg players, conspiracy theories, enrollment numbers, etc. etc. etc......." :sleep: :sleep:

My comment about busing and percentages was not a jab, but just an opportunity for Mercer to clear up any misconceptions people have out there. The way most people thought (me included) was Mercer County and Harrodsburg are two separate high schools with 1 administration and 1 football team.

Coldweatherfan - Thanks for a good guess answer. I was not aware kids from both schools were attending both buildings and it does make me feel more like an actual merger has taken place.

As for the game on Friday. Well, As much as I would love to see the Devils repeat, it doesn't look like anyone is capable of stopping this Mercer team. Maybe the Devils can slow them down a little, get a few breaks and stay in it, but all indications are Mercer County to get their first ring.

They will be 3A next year. There district will be compiled of East Carter, West Carter, Lewis County, and Mason.

Non-District games, Greenup Co, Boyd Co, Simon Kenton, Raceland, Lawrence Co., and Ashland.

Boy, that is unfair, playing in 2A all year, when you are a 3A school.

I have watched a lot of football this year. Mostly 4A. Have saw Trinity, St X, Male, PRP, Dunbar, Mont Bell, Danville, LCA, Raceland, Lex Cath, Frankfort....and several others.

I can tell you this....Mercer is FAST! Maybe the fastest I've seen....check that....THE FASTEST I have seen with the exception of maybe Male. They are deep. They basically 2 platoon. They play really good solid BASE defense. They dont have to stunt and blitz alot so you dont catch them out of position much. They have 4 running backs who could start on any team in the state. They play with a swagger.

In my opinion..."THIS" Mercer team is a top 5 team in ANY class this year. Dont know about next year...but "THIS" team is just too talented and too deep to not be a contenter in any classification.

I have not seen Russell play...but I think Mercer wins handily.