Dayton 68 Louisville 64

MysteriousOnes

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didnt Caracter play?

Whose home game was it? Was this something that UL is trying to do...play in Cincy.

8K for the game...looked pretty split to me.

This was a Dayton home game... typical big-time school strategy... sign a contract, back out of it. You can bet that if this game had been in front of 13,544 at UD Arena, it wouldn't have been this close.

Okay... if it tells you anything about how the Dayton fans felt after this game... it's 2 a.m. and I finally walked in my house. This was especially sweet for all of us who grew up in Louisville and went to UD (there's plenty of us).

For Louisville... all the Cardinal basketball fans had better dig in for a long winter. Caracter or not, this is not a team that's going to get it done. I was amazed at how gifted these athletes were but couldn't get past how poor they were fundametally. In the second half, Dayton was in desperate foul trouble and looked absolutely exhausted; Louisville could not pull away.

For Dayton, this is a young Flyer team that starts a senior, a junior, a sophomore and two freshmen that went toe-to-toe with a big-time program and came out a winner. Down year or not, for an Atlantic 10 school like Dayton, this is big. The true freshman, Kurt Huelsman, played well against David Padgett who is, admittedly, coming back from an injury.

That said, both teams were without their starting point guards (UD's Andres Sandoval and UL's McGee) but it seemed to hurt Louisville more, even though it probably shouldn't have, given the level of talent on the Louisville bench.

In the end, Dayton came out and played a great game with the guys who were expected to come up big doing so. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season (though back to back road games against Pitt and North Carolina not so much).

That would be up to the crazy and irrational UL fans on here. When we get one, I guess we'll see it...

Only to be fair, UL fans pretty much like their gig. However, a few are getting antsy. UL likes the Final Four two years ago, but other than that, Pitino and the Cards have not een exactly what most figured they would at this point. This is year six of the Pitino Era and he is off track so to speak. The reason their may not be so many irrational fans is that they remember the last years of the Crum Era and it wasn't good.

UK fans remember the previous era and the success compared to now.

Louisville doesn't have crazy and irrational fans amongst their following???

I suppose that's only a Kentucky thing.

I'm sure they do. Have you seen them on here? I think most on here realize that UL has had a major rash of injuries last year and the start of this one now...

Only to be fair, UL fans pretty much like their gig. However, a few are getting antsy. UL likes the Final Four two years ago, but other than that, Pitino and the Cards have not een exactly what most figured they would at this point. This is year six of the Pitino Era and he is off track so to speak. The reason their may not be so many irrational fans is that they remember the last years of the Crum Era and it wasn't good.

UK fans remember the previous era and the success compared to now.

Not that Im doubting you, but I havent heard anybody say, or even discuss, that Rick needs to go...