The Next UK Basketball Coach...

SouthernSportsFan

A .773 winning % would put OTS in some pretty good company. Compare it to the other UK coaches and tell me if they were in an elite group. You are entitled to your opinion about Tubby but to say he hasn't done anything just doesn't hold water.

Playing in the SEC with talented teams as Kentucky has, this feat is not hard to do. The longest drought between Final Four apperances in Kentucky history however is something you can't hide from. Also instead of being one of the elite programs like Kentucky once was, we can no longer even compete with them and continue to get blown out. Take the last few years' North Carolina and Kansas games. Take the Maui into consideration, as well as last year against UCONN. Say what you want about percentage and all of that, but Kentucky is no longer an elite program, and with a sense of Tradition looming in the background that is hard to take. Like I have always said, if you guys are fine with Kentucky being a mediocre program then thats your opionion, personally I would like to get back to the elite level........real Kentucky basketball. Honestly we aren't even good enough so far to be a top 25 team, and this is unforgivably sad.........so please Tubby, show me something other than winning your 20 games in a unimpressive SEC and running a once prestigious program into mediocre status.............Signed a true Kentucky fan who wont just settle for being an average team.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the thing I heard over the last three years only UNC and Illinois( with their almost undefeated season) has won more games than UK over that 3 year span. That right there tells me two things. One is Tubby is a good coach and among the elite and second pariety has taken its place. He has won more than Louisville and Duke over the past 3 years. Arent those the greatest coaches ever in basketball. You hear neitehr teams fans crying over that. Also we have a promising team this year that is young. Tubby cant recruit but noone is complaining about the Freshman this year. By the end of the year this team is going to be tuff.

I want to end with this if top 3 in wins over a 3 year spand couldnt please UK fans then why would any coach want to even fool with UK?

Ill agree we need to get to a final four and see results but seeing all the garbage after loosing two games to very good and experienced teams while playing 4 Freshman alot is just uncalled for. W finished 4th in Maui and really we played pretty well until the last game, were going to be fine this year. Im as excited about this team as any team we have had since Tubby has been here. I just love to watch a good group of Freshman grow and develop.

Just to squash one of the things I keep hearing. Memphis St is not as experienced as UK...

They are no longer Memphis St just plain out Memphis. And I agree with you but when this team is on their game they are easily top 10. They have a very good team. Honestly after loosing a close late game to UCLA I figured our guys would come out and get pretty good by a Memphis team. They were better than us. Besides for the second half against GT they really showed to be a great team all the tournament.

The longest drought between Final Four apperances in Kentucky history however is something you can't hide from.

Since when do final fours matter?? Kentucky has gone through TWO periods of TWENTY years without a national championship. Thats what Kentucky plays for right?? Championships?? not just Final Fours?

Aside from being UK alum, what in the world has Travis Ford done that warrants him taking over at UK? Seriously... He led a team into the field of 65, big deal. He didn't exactly play in a beastly conference either.

I like him just as much as the next guy... But really... I don't know why everyone thinks he's so great. Anybody who can explain I'd appreciate it.

I agree 100% Hangman, actually I don't think that he is that good of a coach.

A .773 winning % would put OTS in some pretty good company. Compare it to the other UK coaches and tell me if they were in an elite group. You are entitled to your opinion about Tubby but to say he hasn't done anything just doesn't hold water.

:thumb: :thumb: If .773% does not put him in a class by himself - it sure as heck doesn't take long to call the roll! ;)

Playing in the SEC with talented teams as Kentucky has, this feat is not hard to do. The longest drought between Final Four apperances in Kentucky history however is something you can't hide from. Also instead of being one of the elite programs like Kentucky once was, we can no longer even compete with them and continue to get blown out. Take the last few years' North Carolina and Kansas games. Take the Maui into consideration, as well as last year against UCONN. Say what you want about percentage and all of that, but Kentucky is no longer an elite program, and with a sense of Tradition looming in the background that is hard to take. Like I have always said, if you guys are fine with Kentucky being a mediocre program then thats your opionion, personally I would like to get back to the elite level........real Kentucky basketball. Honestly we aren't even good enough so far to be a top 25 team, and this is unforgivably sad.........so please Tubby, show me something other than winning your 20 games in a unimpressive SEC and running a once prestigious program into mediocre status.............Signed a true Kentucky fan who wont just settle for being an average team.

You make some valid points but a TRUE Kentucky fan still considers them an elite program and doesn't base his actions on the likes or dislikes of a certain coach. All programs in the country have down years from time to time and KY is not exempt. They will be back in the final four again and until that happens I will continue to support them in a positive manner and not pass judgement on one of the finest coaches in college basketball. His record speaks for itself.

Mark Few is not interested nor is Jay Wright. We all know Billy D. would not take this job.

Don't be narrow-minded enough to think every coach would crawl to Kentucky (as Eddie Sutton said he would).

That would not be the first time Eddie Sutton had to crawl to get somewhere.:lol: The people not happy with OTS better be careful what they wish for, they may just end up with another Sutton type.:eek:

You make some valid points but a TRUE Kentucky fan still considers them an elite program and doesn't base his actions on the likes or dislikes of a certain coach. All programs in the country have down years from time to time and KY is not exempt. They will be back in the final four again and until that happens I will continue to support them in a positive manner and not pass judgement on one of the finest coaches in college basketball. His record speaks for itself.

:thumb: :thumb: Very well said, GREAT post cville. Like I said, if people are going to jump off the bandwagon to go to a more popular one then don't be coming back when things are going good! In other words....."don't let the screen door hit ya' where the good Lord split ya'!" TRUE U.K. fans don't want or need fans like that.

:thumb: :thumb: Very well said, GREAT post cville. Like I said, if people are going to jump off the bandwagon to go to a more popular one then don't be coming back when things are going good! In other words....."don't let the screen door hit ya' where the good Lord split ya'!" TRUE U.K. fans don't want or need fans like that.

:thumb: I agree. You have to go through the tough times just as you do the good ones. You may not like it or agree with how things are being done but being negative only make matters worse and the people that truly despise UK eat this kind of attitude up. I bleed Blue, always have and always will!!!!