The Next UK Basketball Coach...

SouthernSportsFan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for one, I think it would be hard to not be better than last year's team. But I haven't really liked Tubby since about 2000 or so. It's the same thing every year. 1 Final Four 8 years ago. George Mason has the same number of Final Fours in that span as we do. UConn has won 2 titles in that span. Florida and Michigan St both have titles and multiple FF appearances since then. They've slipped and become just an average team. You can talk about the fresmen and possible recruits, but the same thing was said a few years ago when 3 All-Americans commited to UK and nothing changed. Just more 10 loss seasons.

I'm a big Nebraska football fan. 2 years ago they went 5-6 and missed out on a bowl game for the first time in like 45 years. I didn't start disliking them then or start yelling "kill Callahan!!" So don't say that I'm one of those that start complaining after a couple of losses. I understand everybody's wanting UK to be better. Trust me, I do to. But it's just not going to happen. Not as long as he's there.

I do not see how anyone can claim to be a UK fan, but not pull for the team because of who the coach is. People never remember that we lost an Elite 8 game in double OT 2 years ago. I think fans should give this team a chance first before they dismiss the entire season.

I do not see how anyone can claim to be a UK fan, but not pull for the team because of who the coach is. People never remember that we lost an Elite 8 game in double OT 2 years ago. I think fans should give this team a chance first before they dismiss the entire season.

I want to clarify one thing. I ALWAYS pull for the team. I don't care if we win 28-27 and shoot 7% from the field. I am still sitting on the edge of my seat analyzing every second of every game. I don't care if Bill Keightley is coaching the team - as long as we're winning and are considered an elite program.

I agree 100% I root for UK not Tubby. I dont care who was there I root for UK not the coach.

I want to clarify one thing. I ALWAYS pull for the team. I don't care if we win 28-27 and shoot 7% from the field. I am still sitting on the edge of my seat analyzing every second of every game. I don't care if Bill Keightley is coaching the team - as long as we're winning and are considered an elite program.

As long as we are winning and are a elite program? :sleep: :sleep:

Think what you want about the season, or me. Personally I think it's the same story, different chapter. I wouldn't be surprised with a 10-13 loss season, a 5 or 6 seed and a 2nd or 3rd round exit. Not to mention, NOT winning the SEC tournament.

I haven't forgot about the loss 2 years ago. I have thought about it while typing some of my posts. But I also haven't forgotten about the 2nd round losses too.