The Next UK Basketball Coach...

SouthernSportsFan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we're at it, why don't we speculate who will be the next UK coach after the next one. Seems to be that's all alot of you UK fans know what to do. I'm a diehard and hate losing just as much as you. But your complaining (besides the fact that Mitch and Tubby could care less what you say) only makes UK look bad to the general public. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem and complaining sure as heck ain't a solution.

:thumb: :thumb: Best post on this thread BY FAR!!!

If you were a true Kentucky fan you would pull for them regardless of who was the coach. I will continue to support Tubby Smith until he or the administration decide to go in a different direction.

One problem I see with so many fans is as soon as we lose a game or 2, which everyone in college basketball will do, people act like the season is a lost cause and that we should go ahead and run all of our coaches and players out of town.

This year the team will steadily get better and we will be better than last year.

Another good post, I don't like settling for mediocrity either but I will support U.K. now matter who is at the helm bc they are U.K.. One thing about it is that negative talk doesn't help anything but it does make for some good discussion on forums like this. I respect everyones opinions and acknowledge that everyone has a right to them. No problem here - it is just the constant bashing that gets to me. I have questions and frustrations with Tubby at times also but I also realize that we could do A LOT worse. Tubby is the man for the job right now, runs a class program and is very well respected al over college basketball and might I add that he has forgotten more basketball than myself or most if not all people on here will ever know. When and if the time comes for Tubby to leave either by his or the A.D.'s decision and another comes in I will support the new coach as well bc I am a Kentucky fan.

Another good post, I don't like settling for mediocrity either but I will support U.K. now matter who is at the helm bc they are U.K.. One thing about it is that negative talk doesn't help anything but it does make for some good discussion on forums like this. I respect everyones opinions and acknowledge that everyone has a right to them. No problem here - it is just the constant bashing that gets to me. I have questions and frustrations with Tubby at times also but I also realize that we could do A LOT worse. Tubby is the man for the job right now, runs a class program and is very well respected al over college basketball and might I add that he has forgotten more basketball than myself or most if not all people on here will ever know. When and if the time comes for Tubby to leave either by his or the A.D.'s decision and another comes in I will support the new coach as well bc I am a Kentucky fan.

:thumb: True Blue!!!!!! That is the kind of support that UK needs.

Yeah, I'd say congrats. Butler is 6-0 and NIT champions.

UK is 3-2 and got 4th place in the Maui Invitational. To most true UK fans, that is not acceptable.

Atleast it was't 8th.

Please some of the older guys, Just let this go, You're probably trying to talk to a 12 year old kid on his dad's BGP account.

To say that Billy D wouldn't have this job, Is crazy, Billy D is waiting for the Day UK comes calling.

Just go back and read all the stuff Billy D has said about Kentucky.

Saying him and his wife loved it here, and they want to move back to the Bluegrass State. ;)

And so on...........

It's like College football, Any coach would wait for the day to coach Michigan or OSU, Tenn, Flordia......

Atleast it was't 8th.

Please some of the older guys, Just let this go, You're probably trying to talk to a 12 year old kid on his dad's BGP account.

To say that Billy D wouldn't have this job, Is crazy, Billy D is waiting for the Day UK comes calling.

Saying him and his wife loved it here, and they want to move back to the Bluegrass State. ;)

And so on...........

It's like College football, Any coach would wait for the day to coach Michigan or OSU, Tenn, Flordia......

:thumb:

Atleast it was't 8th.

And so on...........

This is not an acceptable way to think for a championship program.