Memphis 80 UK 63

gametime

Conditioning is NOT why we lost the game. Yes some players were tired. And it showed a little bit, but not to the extent that was the reason we lost the game. What I think should happen later on is Meeks, Jasper, and Stevenson needs to play a lot more minutes than Perry and Thomas. And Jasper needs to play more at the 1, obviously, with Bradley at the 2.

If they weren't tired as they allowed an undisciplined team to slice and dice them in the half court, there are a lot more problems than it would seem in Lexington...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said before UK is not very athletic and will be extremely lucky to make to the sweet sixteen. For the life of me I can't figure out why a top notch power forward would not want to come to UK.....:confused: :confused: IF PP came here he would start day 1. They are so slow on "D" it drives me nuts.........

If they weren't tired as they allowed an undisciplined team to slice and dice them in the half court, there are a lot more problems than it would seem in Lexington...

Memphis is a very impressive offensive team. Disciplined or not they are qicker than us when we have certain players on the floor. Memphis will be a very good team this year, that was evident. UK is going to get better it just takes time.

Like I said before UK is not very athletic and will be extremely lucky to make to the sweet sixteen. For the life of me I can't figure out why a top notch power forward would not want to come to UK.....:confused: :confused: IF PP came here he would start day 1. They are so slow on "D" it drives me nuts.........

I agree. However, if he was watching the one on one show given by Bradley and Crawford, he may not come. Seems all we heard was how unselfish this Team was going to be, Sure didn't show that today.

I think one thing is clear. Stevenson is not going to be much of a factor this season...

??? I disagree. Hes not a star. And people got too excited over what he did in his 1st 2 games. But he had a good game yesterday and is going to improve. Hes not strong enough to score at will inside or body up with big guys, but he is athletic enough to be a factor for us.

??? I disagree. Hes not a star. And people got too excited over what he did in his 1st 2 games. But he had a good game yesterday and is going to improve. Hes not strong enough to score at will inside or body up with big guys, but he is athletic enough to be a factor for us.

Agree.

Lets face the facts...UCLA and Memphis are both very long and athletic teams...They may both be as gifted athletically as any teams in the country.. I think UK has some good athletes, just not as many as these 2 and as others have pointed out, still young...I believe they will get much better as the season goes on, but, I don't think they'll ever be a Top 10 team this year, possibly Top 15-20 at best....

It is November, so I am not that upset yet. I really was excited about the year after the first two games in Maui, but this one was pretty ugly. However, I do have hope because we are young and I still see a lot of potential. I still think the four freshman will contribute a lot this year, and I think Morris is capable of taking over most games if he really wants to. If they feed him the ball more in the post, it will open up the perimeter game more for open looks for Meeks, Crawford, etc. When they get there feet set and get an open look, they can consistently knock down the treys. UK will improve, and I still see them having a solid year. Memphis and UCLA are very solid teams.

I think one thing is clear. Stevenson is not going to be much of a factor this season...

I think you're crazy. Stevenson may not do much on offense, but his defensive ability will cause problems.

I do think that this team has already fallen in love with the blocked shot, which contributes to why they're so slow rotating on D. They look good & a good shot blocker is a deadly weapon, but a charge is a turnover...