Memphis 80 UK 63

gametime

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was obvious to me that they absolutely had NO legs in the second half. They stopped doing EVERYTHING that it takes to win when they lost their legs. Memphis found their second wind and we found a 20-point loss.

Stevenson missed 2 point blank shots. He didnt play enough to not have legs. I thought the one player that looked fatigued to me, and you could tell by his jumpshot was Bobby Perry. Crawford looked pretty fresh throughout the 2nd half. Bradley probably got a little tired. Jasper would have played more, but got in foul trouble. But really I didnt see us as being as tired, as we were out-athleted.

I would seriously be upset if Thomas and Orbzut were on Morehead State's team.

In the right system, I think Obrzut could be more successful. He needs to play away from the basketball and shoot jump shots. No rebounding requirements, AT ALL! Then he might be okay.

Stevenson missed 2 point blank shots. He didnt play enough to not have legs. I thought the one player that looked fatigued to me, and you could tell by his jumpshot was Bobby Perry. Crawford looked pretty fresh throughout the 2nd half. Bradley probably got a little tired. Jasper would have played more, but got in foul trouble. But really I didnt see us as being as tired, as we were out-athleted.

There was a point in the 2nd half when both teams were seriously fatigued (careless turnovers, short jump shots, missed free throws, lazy fouls, sucking wind, bending over). Memphis grabbed its second wind and blew UK off the court. That is what basketball conditioning is all about.

There was a point in the 2nd half when both teams were seriously fatigued (careless turnovers, short jump shots, missed free throws, lazy fouls, sucking wind, bending over). Memphis grabbed its second wind and blew UK off the court. That is what basketball conditioning is all about.

They let UK run themselves to death, and then beat them in the half court to put it away. Fatigue was no doubt an issue...

I think the biggest issue is stopping penetration in the half court game. When UK did that against UCLA, they cut a huge margin down to a managable one.

Of course, UCLA also couldn't hit a deep jumper or a free throw to save their lives.

They let UK run themselves to death, and then beat them in the half court to put it away. Fatigue was no doubt an issue...

Conditioning is NOT why we lost the game. Yes some players were tired. And it showed a little bit, but not to the extent that was the reason we lost the game. What I think should happen later on is Meeks, Jasper, and Stevenson needs to play a lot more minutes than Perry and Thomas. And Jasper needs to play more at the 1, obviously, with Bradley at the 2.

Conditioning is NOT why we lost the game. Yes some players were tired. And it showed a little bit, but not to the extent that was the reason we lost the game. What I think should happen later on is Meeks, Jasper, and Stevenson needs to play a lot more minutes than Perry and Thomas. And Jasper needs to play more at the 1, obviously, with Bradley at the 2.

We had the talent to win the game. We didn't have the legs.