Memphis 80 UK 63

gametime

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Let's face it - Memphis is simply a more talented team than Kentucky. Kemp is a better talent than Ramel Bradley... One through ten, Calipari has a team loaded with talent... Kentucky doesn't have the players it once had..."

-- Doug Gottlieb

FYI, it's no longer Memphis State. It was changed to the University of Memphis in 1994.

Also, this was the first meeting between these two schools. Somewhat surprising since they are fairly close in proximity and have both been solid programs for many years.

Conditioning is a big issue every season - no different this season.

"Kentucky simply doesn't have the legs..."

-- Rick Majerus

I honestly didnt see UK as being that much worse shape than Memphis. I did however see a Memphis team that is much more athletic. Our most athletic players are obviously the freshmen.

5 games in 8 days...

Some truth to that..

However, deficiency in the post outside of Morris.

Stevenson is thin and learning..

Outside of that...not an ounce of athleticism in the 4 spot.

Memphis had better athletes and it was on display.

UK shot poorly in the second half and only 3 players scored. Something like 3 offensive rebounds...pretty gross.

Long flight home.

I honestly didnt see UK as being that much worse shape than Memphis. I did however see a Memphis team that is much more athletic. Our most athletic players are obviously the freshmen.

It was obvious to me that they absolutely had NO legs in the second half. They stopped doing EVERYTHING that it takes to win when they lost their legs. Memphis found their second wind and we found a 20-point loss.