2019 Bengals Draft Picks

I can’t tell you how much I LOVE the Rodney Anderson pick. Without heavy injury concerns, he’s a likely first or second round pick.

The Bengals could have a real shot to be a top 5 running team in the NFL this year imo. Which should open up the play action and give them shots down field. Hopefully these new coaches can get him to hit that deep ball better with it. Could be an explosive offense if so.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall solid first draft for Taylor. No need to discuss my feelings on qb anymore. So here is hoping the system Taylor uses brings out something new and great with Dalton and they can win a title together. Dalton is a great person, he is a person you want to see win. So hopefully he proves me wrong and leads this team to a title. Imo they have done a very good job putting pieces around him again and fixing the line. Should have a strong running game. So that should help him and the passing game too.

Healthy, this team should be 2-3 wins better than they were last year. Too much talent on the offensive side of the ball. If the defense can improve to at least a serviceable level they could have an outside run at the playoffs.

Bengals success this year is all about the linebackers. Last year's linebacker play was among the worst I have ever seen in the NFL. Brown and Vigil need to stay healthy and play better. We need one of the rookies to be a player.

We need one of the 3rd round picks the past two years to pan out and be productive. In a perfect world Jefferson and Pratt both pan out and we can actually have some depth at the LB position, but I think we need one of those guys to be a starter.

Michael Jordan will be a really good pro. Is a he a pro bowl type player? Probably not, but he will have a very long NFL career. Great pick.

Michael is a great pick and will be a Bengal for a long time. Many don’t know that Michael got his football start playing in the BCPWFL in Florence and the Bengals are the team he really wanted to play for. His family is originally from Cincinnati and many of them still live there.

I was at his draft party on Friday night and it was hard to watch is name not being called but it certainly worked out as patience was certainly a virtue! The Bengals had a decent draft in my opinion and Michael is going to be a key part of it.

Overall solid first draft for Taylor. No need to discuss my feelings on qb anymore. So here is hoping the system Taylor uses brings out something new and great with Dalton and they can win a title together. Dalton is a great person, he is a person you want to see win. So hopefully he proves me wrong and leads this team to a title. Imo they have done a very good job putting pieces around him again and fixing the line. Should have a strong running game. So that should help him and the passing game too.

Promises, promises. You'd be lucky to make it to June. :lol2:

If the Bengals drafted Finley in round 2 and Sample in round 4, how would everyone feel about the draft? Would you have a better opinion of the Bengals draft?

Exact same players. Just switch the round where those two were drafted.

Neither were 2nd round values.

If the Bengals drafted Finley in round 2 and Sample in round 4, how would everyone feel about the draft? Would you have a better opinion of the Bengals draft?

Honestly it sounds silly, but I think I would think more highly of this class.

I would feel disappointed still because they could have had Rosen for a second rounder instead of Finley lol.

I get what you are saying though. Most people are hung up on who they took in the second round. At the end of the day it was a pretty solid draft. Probably no stars, but a lot of guys who should be solid.

I think they believe Sample will end up being like the TE Kittle for San Fransisco who was one of the top TEs in football last year. Kittle in college was a blocking TE and literally had about the same amount of receptions as Sample did in college.

At the end of the day and I am very guilty of this myself. We are judging this draft based off what we have seen with Lewis over the last 16 years. We have zero idea how Taylor will use these guys he drafted. He may use them in ways Lewis never did. So to be fair I do think we need to see how Taylor tends to use his draft picks. Sample may be a guy after we see how they use him, that makes us realize why they drafted him when they did.