Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2019 Bengals Draft Picks

Featured Replies

Well looks like the Dolphins are closing in on Rosen.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If somehow Jawaan Taylor is still there, I take him as well. Having Williams, Taylor, and Billy Price would be a great young core the Bengals can rely on for the next decade.

  • Author
If somehow Jawaan Taylor is still there, I take him as well. Having Williams, Taylor, and Billy Price would be a great young core the Bengals can rely on for the next decade.

 

I am really hoping not having a full off season to workout last year is what hurt Price. He didn't play well at all last year, and very much struggled with the reach block and often got blown back on pass blocking. So I am hoping now that he has been healthy all off season, and a year of experience will make a difference. It wasn't good last year that the guy that was suppose to be his backup did better than him. So I am hoping he makes big strides this year, because since the Bengals used a first round pick on him. They really need him to pan out and be their lockdown center for a long time.

  • Author
Well looks like the Dolphins are closing in on Rosen.

 

For a second round pick. The Bengals pick before the Dolphins in the second round. Ugh why can't the Bengals ever do something out of the ordinary and be aggressive. If it only takes a second round pick, and you have a better second round pick to offer. Then call them up now and get your future talented franchise QB and then can focus the rest of the draft and next year on building the rest of the team around him.

I am really hoping not having a full off season to workout last year is what hurt Price. He didn't play well at all last year, and very much struggled with the reach block and often got blown back on pass blocking. So I am hoping now that he has been healthy all off season, and a year of experience will make a difference. It wasn't good last year that the guy that was suppose to be his backup did better than him. So I am hoping he makes big strides this year, because since the Bengals used a first round pick on him. They really need him to pan out and be their lockdown center for a long time.

I have no concerns about Price. He’ll be fine.

For a second round pick. The Bengals pick before the Dolphins in the second round. Ugh why can't the Bengals ever do something out of the ordinary and be aggressive. If it only takes a second round pick, and you have a better second round pick to offer. Then call them up now and get your future talented franchise QB and then can focus the rest of the draft and next year on building the rest of the team around him.

I think Zac Taylor believes he can get AD back to 2015 level.

  • Author
I have no concerns about Price. He’ll be fine.

 

He definitely wasn't fine last year, far from it. However, I hope your faith in your OSU guy is right and he turns into at least a solid center for many years.

  • Author
I think Zac Taylor believes he can get AD back to 2015 level.

 

I always hated that one year out of 8 that people go back to. IMO his injury probably helped him. There is a very good chance even with a healthy Dalton they still lose to Pittsburgh in the regular season. Really no reason to believe based off of 8 years of data including two prime time losses that year with Dalton that year already, that they beat Denver in Denver in primetime. Then really no reason to believe based off of data that they beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs, in primetime in the rain.

 

So I truly believe that injury may have saved Dalton. If Dalton doesn't get hurt and they lose the exact same games that they lost with McCarron, which would be very likely. Then people wouldn't be able to refer to the well but in 2015 Dalton was this. Which I know you are not saying that, you are saying Taylor may believe that. I just hate how everyone goes back to 2015, when if he finishes out the season. Chances are the averages of what we saw for 8 years evens out and he loses the exact same games. Which takes away the well but Dalton in 2015 conversation.

I always hated that one year out of 8 that people go back to. IMO his injury probably helped him. There is a very good chance even with a healthy Dalton they still lose to Pittsburgh in the regular season. Really no reason to believe based off of 8 years of data including two prime time losses that year with Dalton that year already, that they beat Denver in Denver in primetime. Then really no reason to believe based off of data that they beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs, in primetime in the rain.

 

So I truly believe that injury may have saved Dalton. If Dalton doesn't get hurt and they lose the exact same games that they lost with McCarron, which would be very likely. Then people wouldn't be able to refer to the well but in 2015 Dalton was this. Which I know you are not saying that, you are saying Taylor may believe that. I just hate how everyone goes back to 2015, when if he finishes out the season. Chances are the averages of what we saw for 8 years evens out and he loses the exact same games. Which takes away the well but Dalton in 2015 conversation.

I have moved on from using the 2015 Dalton excuse. I’m ready to move on. I just want the team to move in a new direction, but I don’t think Taylor agrees.

  • Author
I have moved on from using the 2015 Dalton excuse. I’m ready to move on. I just want the team to move in a new direction, but I don’t think Taylor agrees.

 

Which I guess from a brand new coach perspective I understand it some what. It is like well with Dalton he knows he isnt good, but isn't horrible. So that gives him job security because he should always be between 6 to 10 wins every year with Dalton. Wouldnt matter about playoff success, because much like with Lewis if he can be around that many wins each year. He will have a job here for a long time. Having Dalton is almost like having a franchise killing QB. Not good enough to ever get you to the ultimate goal, but not bad enough to where you want to risk moving on and getting someone worst possibly. It just keeps you at average, which can kill a franchise because it makes you stuck for years.

Which I guess from a brand new coach perspective I understand it some what. It is like well with Dalton he knows he isnt good, but isn't horrible. So that gives him job security because he should always be between 6 to 10 wins every year with Dalton. Wouldnt matter about playoff success, because much like with Lewis if he can be around that many wins each year. He will have a job here for a long time. Having Dalton is almost like having a franchise killing QB. Not good enough to ever get you to the ultimate goal, but not bad enough to where you want to risk moving on and getting someone worst possibly. It just keeps you at average, which can kill a franchise because it makes you stuck for years.

I wouldn’t even go that far. I just think Taylor looks at what they did with Goff in LA and believes they could have similar results with Dalton. I’m willing to let this season play out and go from there. Year 2 is where I will start to evaluate the organization moving forward.

  • Author
I wouldn’t even go that far. I just think Taylor looks at what they did with Goff in LA and believes they could have similar results with Dalton. I’m willing to let this season play out and go from there. Year 2 is where I will start to evaluate the organization moving forward.

 

If I knew for sure the Bengals could land one of the top qbs coming out next year. Then I would be ok with things. But I do think this team will be better than people expect and be at least around 8 and 8. So they will be no where near where they need to be to get one of the top guys next year. Plus there is a lot of teams eyeing those qbs coming out next year. So would have to outbid people to move up, which would be tough. So it's not as easy as some make it out to be saying build other areas up and then get a QB next year.

 

This year played out perfect for them in 2 differen't ways. First Haskins fell to them, and even if they didnt draft him. You have Rosen who is there to be had, with only the Dolphins being competion for him. Which the Bengals have a better 2nd round pick to offer to get him. So the Bengals were in a perfect spot this year to get their qb, and not really have to worry about next year or following years if they will be in a spot to get a top one if they decide they are ready to go that route then.

If I knew for sure the Bengals could land one of the top qbs coming out next year. Then I would be ok with things. But I do think this team will be better than people expect and be at least around 8 and 8. So they will be no where near where they need to be to get one of the top guys next year. Plus there is a lot of teams eyeing those qbs coming out next year. So would have to outbid people to move up, which would be tough. So it's not as easy as some make it out to be saying build other areas up and then get a QB next year.

 

This year played out perfect for them in 2 differen't ways. First Haskins fell to them, and even if they didnt draft him. You have Rosen who is there to be had, with only the Dolphins being competion for him. Which the Bengals have a better 2nd round pick to offer to get him. So the Bengals were in a perfect spot this year to get their qb, and not really have to worry about next year or following years if they will be in a spot to get a top one if they decide they are ready to go that route then.

It would help if we had more insight into what they are thinking. Maybe they really like Grier or Finley and see the value in developing one of them. I still believe they take a QB at some point tonight. Maybe whichever QB they take, they had rated really high. It’s a new everything with the organization. I’m doing everything I can to not fall into the trap that it’s going to be the same old same old with the team. Maybe it will, but I’m doing my best to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Bengals trade down with Denver. In addition to the Bronco's pick later in the 2nd, they also get a 5th and a 6th rounder.

  • Author
It would help if we had more insight into what they are thinking. Maybe they really like Grier or Finley and see the value in developing one of them. I still believe they take a QB at some point tonight. Maybe whichever QB they take, they had rated really high. It’s a new everything with the organization. I’m doing everything I can to not fall into the trap that it’s going to be the same old same old with the team. Maybe it will, but I’m doing my best to give them the benefit of the doubt.

 

I hope that is not their thinking. I am not sure who the last qb that was taken in 3rd or 4th round or later just to develop for later on that ended up being anything to special. Most qbs in the league starting right now are 1st round qbs because of their talent. So I hope they dont take a qb like Finley or Grier in second round, when they could have had Rosen for a second.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.