Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (No Spoilers)

The first three Star War movies were all great and the last ones have been good as well (haven’t seen the one now showing but it’s getting good reviews).

However, the middle three were a huge step backwards. I’m watching “Attack Of The Clones” on TNT tonight and it has some seriously corny dialogue and poor acting. The scenes with Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen are particularly bad. And the storyline is not all that interesting. I’m glad they finally got it back to Star Wars caliber for the last series of movies that wrap up the stories.

The first three Star War movies were all great and the last ones have been good as well (haven’t seen the one now showing but it’s getting good reviews).

However, the middle three were a huge step backwards. I’m watching “Attack Of The Clones” on TNT tonight and it has some seriously corny dialogue and poor acting. The scenes with Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen are particularly bad. And the storyline is not all that interesting. I’m glad they finally got it back to Star Wars caliber for the last series of movies that wrap up the stories.

The prequels made me a complete believer in how much script and direction matters for an actor and actress. Hayden Christensen is a terrible actor, and that has proven out in multiple movies. But Natalie Portman is actually a tremendous actress. She has done very well in many movies. She is atrocious in those.

I agree about Attack of the Clones, definitely the worst one for me so far . I did like Episode 3. I’m watching the new one later tonight .

This is what I am hearing from others who have seen it. One person said they got too focused on tieing everything up and it got in the way of the story in this one.

Going to see it this afternoon. As a fan I have no problem with them using this last film to tie up a lot of loose ends. That's what I want and expect. I'm not looking for a stand alone movie, I'm squarely looking for a final chapter to pull it all together.

Not to divert too far on the best and worst tangent, but I tend to agree with Attack of the Clones as the worst. I know Jar Jar Binks annoys people to no end and I agree to some extent on that. The Ewoks annoy me much more than Jar Jar and yet most people consider The Empire Strikes Back #1 in the Star Wars saga. I like Phantom Menace better than most people. If you can move beyond Jar Jar, it is pretty solid. Probably in the mid tier for me.

One more thing, if we are going to talk about bad casting and characters, Hayden Christiansen is by far the worst thing ever done in the Star Wars movies and it is a miracle he didn't single handedly ruin the franchise.

Just got home from seeing RoS. I think it was well done and I didn't feel any scenes were contrived for "Fan Service." There are of course a few more things that I would like to have answered, but overall they did a good job wrapping most everything up.

A couple of scenes were just plain awesome, basically anytime a lightsaber was on screen it was a good/great scene.

Not to divert too far on the best and worst tangent, but I tend to agree with Attack of the Clones as the worst. I know Jar Jar Binks annoys people to no end and I agree to some extent on that. The Ewoks annoy me much more than Jar Jar and yet most people consider The Empire Strikes Back #1 in the Star Wars saga. I like Phantom Menace better than most people. If you can move beyond Jar Jar, it is pretty solid. Probably in the mid tier for me.

One more thing, if we are going to talk about bad casting and characters, Hayden Christiansen is by far the worst thing ever done in the Star Wars movies and it is a miracle he didn't single handedly ruin the franchise.

Chrisiansen is terrible. Sounds like he’s reading his lines. And he didn’t have much dialogue worth saying.

“I hate sand. It’s so rough and grainy. Not smooth like your skin.”

Said to Natalie Portman’s character in what was suppose to be an attempt at a romantic scene.

Yuck!

I really enjoyed the this one. 7 was ok but 8 was terrible. Abrams basically had to try to fit 2 movies into one and wrap up so many story lines because 8 didn't do anything but cause more questions. There were times that it did seem like all it was doing was closing story lines but for all that had to be answered I did enjoy it. The 9 year old me from 1977 felt nostalgic several times.

However, the middle three were a huge step backwards.

I disagree about Revenge of the Sith. The last hour of that movie was incredible.