James Bolden transferring to Alabama

I wonder why he wouldn't just finish out at WVU. Their style of play certainly seemed to fit him.

Things aren't exactly going great for the program right now in terms of success. Could be a variety of reasons he would want to go elsewhere and/or specifically to Alabama.

Things aren't exactly going great for the program right now in terms of success. Could be a variety of reasons he would want to go elsewhere and/or specifically to Alabama.

West Virginia has Oscar (the big kid UK recruited) coming in. Not sure what else they have coming in. I know they lost another guard via transfer and had some other guys kicked off the team towards the end of the season. So they appear to have a roster in flux. Plus you add in playing for Huggins is probably a grind, then I can see why he might want to get out.

But why Alabama? I think Petty is coming back, but I believe they lost two or three other kids, including Ingram, after Johnson was fired. There roster isn't exactly stable/known and their chances of competing at high level would seem to be sketchy at best. Alabama just seems like an odd choice for someone with one year of eligibility left.

Beetle didn't have much freedom in West Va's offense. Playing in Nate Oats system suits his game much better. Beetle is at his best when he is able to create off the dribble and make decisions. He wasn't given that opportunity in Huggs system.

West Virginia has Oscar (the big kid UK recruited) coming in. Not sure what else they have coming in. I know they lost another guard via transfer and had some other guys kicked off the team towards the end of the season. So they appear to have a roster in flux. Plus you add in playing for Huggins is probably a grind, then I can see why he might want to get out.

But why Alabama? I think Petty is coming back, but I believe they lost two or three other kids, including Ingram, after Johnson was fired. There roster isn't exactly stable/known and their chances of competing at high level would seem to be sketchy at best. Alabama just seems like an odd choice for someone with one year of eligibility left.

Best of luck to Beetle. Great young man and certainly wish him nothing but the best at Bama. Sometimes fresh starts (albeit at the end of his career) are good for everyone involved.

As for the bolded part above, they just picked up one of the best shooters in country who lead the nation in junior college scoring, All-American and Northern Ky (Cooper HS) grad Sean McNeil.

Best of luck to Beetle. Great young man and certainly wish him nothing but the best at Bama. Sometimes fresh starts (albeit at the end of his career) are good for everyone involved.

As for the bolded part above, they just picked up one of the best shooters in country who lead the nation in junior college scoring, All-American and Northern Ky (Cooper HS) grad Sean McNeil.

So, would you rather have Bolden or McNeil?