Arkansas in the National Championship

stick1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, the only SEC team with a shot at making the national title game is Florida if they win out, look impressive doing it, USC loses & the Gators get some love in the polls. I don't see Arkansas having a shot. Their lopsided loss to USC early in the season when for some reason the Hogs thought they were a passing team will keep them out of the title game. I am not sure they can beat LSU and UF anyway.

But I also agree that McFadden is amazing.

No doubt. As I have said, McFadden is a freak. Smith and Slaton are the only two better IMO...

:thumb: I am not so sure that Slaton or Smith are any better than McFadden. That guy as you said "is a freak" and that is in no way of taking anything away from Slaton or Smith.

Hogs will lose to LSU on Friday.

I hope not but that is definately a possibility. That would settle the Arkansas argument pretty quickly. Personally I would love to see Arkansas or Florida in the NC, preferrably Arkansnas between those two. These next couple of weeks should be interesting.

I agree that right now the only thing keeping UM from a rematch is a USC win over ND. It would be interesting to see the value of a 1 loss Arkansas in my situation. Their best player didn't play vs USC, and he has and will have to prove his value to get here. I'm all for UM and Arkansas in the final vote... :D

Having not watched Arkansas but just a small amount this year, are you saying McFadden is their best player? He's the one everybody is talking about. If that's the case, he did play against USC. He had 9 carries/42 yards and 2 catches/-6 yards. Besides, the score was 50-14. Do you really think a player could make THAT much difference?

The BGP jinx is on. Fantastic. In all honesty, there is no way Arkansas can jump Michigan. I repeat. No way...;)

I agree. Arkansas is playing great football right now and has played better than anyone in the SEC. But that USC loss is just tough to overcome.

Florida has the best chance of making it and they have to beat Ark.

Having not watched Arkansas but just a small amount this year, are you saying McFadden is their best player? He's the one everybody is talking about. If that's the case, he did play against USC. He had 9 carries/42 yards and 2 catches/-6 yards. Besides, the score was 50-14. Do you really think a player could make THAT much difference?

He was recovering from a disloacted toe (as I have pointed out poor judgment on his part) and Arkansas thought they were going to be a passing team. On that day with that game plan, it doesn't matter who they had running the ball. As it stands now, it would be a much better game. But, Arkansas can't turn back time. So, they are out...

I agree if Arkansas goes 12-1 they deserve a first shot over Michigan's second shot. League runnersup should not get a second chance.

:thumb: I agree but in the computers and opinions of the human polls there still would be a loss to USC even though it was the 1st week of the season and Ark. didn't have all their players healthy or 100%. I just don't agree with Michigan in a rematch since they played and lost to Ohio State and finished 2nd in their conference. If Arkansas runs the table, wins the SEC title game over Florida then imo they deserve to be in it. Anyway, my Buckeyes are in and it really doesn't matter to me who we play.