Walton-Verona 62 Simon Kenton 52 (32nd District Finals)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WV played incredible defense and utilized Pardee and Miles better than I have seen all year!

Great game plan by WV coaching staff, well executed by the players. Hopefully people wise up and give the WV coaching staff credit after this one. Brannen has beaten Steiner in the district tournament 3 years in a row now with a school a third of the size of SK. Congrats to the Bearcats and the staff on a hard fought, well executed game plan.

Great game plan by WV coaching staff, well executed by the players. Hopefully people wise up and give the WV coaching staff credit after this one. Brannen has beaten Steiner in the district tournament 3 years in a row now with a school a third of the size of SK.

I've never believed that the size of the school is as big a factor in basketball. It's my five players against your five players.

I've never believed that the size of the school is as big a factor in basketball. It's my five players against your five players.

That sounds great and all but how many public all A schools consistently win their district/region/state? There is a reason for that. I can't recall the last time a small all A school has won the 8th region, I think someone on here the other day may have said no small all A school has ever won the 8th region. Having a larger school adds to the depth of a team and definitely makes a difference.

I believe his first bucket ended the third period. WV played him tight, he ended up in double digits but the game was well over before he got it going.

WV's game plan was to double Niece any time he had it, they were not going to let him beat them. Great game plan and well executed.

That sounds great and all but how many public all A schools consistently win their district/region/state? There is a reason for that. I can't recall the last time a small all A school has won the 8th region, I think someone on here the other day may have said no small all A school has ever won the 8th region. Having a larger school adds to the depth of a team and definitely makes a difference.

1972 Carroll County is the last.

Great game plan by WV coaching staff, well executed by the players. Hopefully people wise up and give the WV coaching staff credit after this one. Brannen has beaten Steiner in the district tournament 3 years in a row now with a school a third of the size of SK. Congrats to the Bearcats and the staff on a hard fought, well executed game plan.

This WV Team has been dominating way before this coaching staff came around. The district Championships and Coaching awards are because of these boys, not the other way around! We will see what kind of Coach he is when this group graduates!

1972 Carroll County is the last.

I will add that a small school has made the finals only 4 times since. Carroll County 1988-1989. Defeated Oldham County both years in the District championship before losing to Colonels in the Regional final.

Owen County 1996

Gallatin County 2008. Lost by 1 point in the finals to Shelby County.

WV's game plan was to double Niece any time he had it, they were not going to let him beat them. Great game plan and well executed.

It seemed like WV doubled whoever brought the ball up the floor once they crossed half court. I agree it was a good game plan and executed well. WV played good defense and SK didn't get many uncontested shots. They deserved the win tonight. Would love to see a rematch in regional.