Walton-Verona 62 Simon Kenton 52 (32nd District Finals)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very impressed with Pardee last night. All around good player. He created a lot of his opportunities with good off the ball movement and Miles was able to connect with him on cuts. Miles is a good passer. His length helps a lot with that, but he does see the open guys and connects with them

Not True about Miles time at WV. He came summer of 6th grade year and could barely dribble a ball when he joined this group of boys. He stayed until 8th grade then left a year due to family issues. He returned his freshman year again to stay. His mother graduated from WV and her family has lived in Walton for decades.

Edited by KyBorn-n-Raised
Forgot words

I guess if you believe in a Coaching style that gives starting positions based on seniority(the last 2 seasons) allowing everyone to take a turn at team captain, and sitting Miles on his Sr Night to allow a donors son to start then he is a Great Coach, just wait until next season, he has built nothing at WV according to those close to the program!

Lots of team’s have rotating captains...

The point is these young men have been together a long time. If you do not believe that is what makes them the team they are now, then you were not competing against them in Elementary and Middle School when they would go undefeated many seasons. Credit goes to all those that kept these kids playing together for the last 10 years. I will give credit where it is due, the game plan has improved over the last few weeks.

Not True about Miles time at WV. He came summer of 6th grade year and could barely dribble a ball when he joined this group of boys. He stayed until 8th grade then left a year due to family issues. He returned his freshman year again to stay. His mother graduated from WV and her family has lived in Walton for decades.

I apologize for the misinformation, I knew I was off a bit. They are lucky to have him and that group of kids seem so close!

Lots of team’s have rotating captains...

I have seen Coaches rotate starters as Captains, but I have never seen players that never play a minute in a game be a team captain. Maybe I am old school, leadership was important then.

Can someone tell me what a “donor’s son” means?

The son of Someone who donates to the program. This WV Team has 9 Sr's, who keeps 9 Sr's if you are building a program? I don't know, seems crazy to me. I am glad we have Coach Jones on our Team. We can agree to disagree but the proof will be in next years team.

The son of Someone who donates to the program. This WV Team has 9 Sr's, who keeps 9 Sr's if you are building a program? I don't know, seems crazy to me. I am glad we have Coach Jones on our Team. We can agree to disagree but the proof will be in next years team.

Funny - There is another senior that doesn’t start or rotate in that has the same opportunities (rotating captain and got to start first game for senior night). It’s not just a “donors” son. Maybe you need to give the whole picture. And that “donors” son as you like to call him has been with this group all along, not AAU but middle school and puts in just as much hard work if not more than others on the team.

I have heard of many small schools keeping as many seniors as they can. Its not unheard of to have 7-9 or more seniors in a small school program.

And, in a small school, the talent often comes in waves, so if WV is down next year, I'm not putting that solely on the coach and his staff.