Walton-Verona 62 Simon Kenton 52 (32nd District Finals)

The "size of the school" argument is so weak.............I will agree with your statement that WV has a great staff, love Coach Brannen and what he does, but regardless of the size of the school, he still has a great team that includes a Xavier commit. While the size of the school helps, it is not the end all as WV and Beechwood have demonstrated this year especially.

And, Newport as well, and St. Henry to a certain extend. not sure of the size of Highlands, but they were good also, and Lloyd had a decent season.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you what, if Bluecats agrees to stop quoting me and telling me how great his Coach is, I will stop offering my opinion. The fact is they are playing great ball right now. I hope for a WV vs Gallatin final, there is a lot of history between these boys, they wont beat our guys again, 3rd Time is the Charm! Good Luck to all the teams advancing to the Regionals.

Edited by Jdhogg

WV is a nice team with good size. Only thing I would be concerned about going into regional is free throw shooting. Looked at the box score from last night and they were 19-31 for 61percent. Further investigated and for the year they are 60 percent. If they get in a tight game, that could be a concern. I'm not from WV so don't know anything about the coaching, etc - but seeing them last night and in the previous game against SK, I can say they are a good team with few weaknesses. The 8th is going to be a good tournament.

I hope for a WV vs Gallatin final, there is a lot of history between these boys, they wont beat our guys again, 3rd Time is the Charm!

Quick look on Riherds shows that Walton-Verona has won 8 straight against Gallatin County and 9 of last 10. Last Gallatin victory on 1/29/15. 3rd time does not seem to be much of a charm for the Wildcats. Love Jon Jones and Gallatin County, but Walton-Verona has done very well against those Cats the past 5 years.

Quick look on Riherds shows that Walton-Verona has won 8 straight against Gallatin County and 9 of last 10. Last Gallatin victory on 1/29/15. 3rd time does not seem to be much of a charm for the Wildcats. Love Jon Jones and Gallatin County, but Walton-Verona has done very well against those Cats the past 5 years.

Ok, you caught me..What I was really saying is I hope we don't have to meet them until the finals!

This thread is hilarious...

Congrats to coach Brannen and Borkowski. They have done a great job all year. Congrats to all the coaches who coached these kids when they were younger and kept them involved with the game. Also, Coach Dan Sullivan who ran the youth program and opened the gym whenever anyone wanted to get in there. There are countless people that could be praised for the success of WV basketball program but for most of the people commenting on this you couldn’t coach the Golden State Warriors and win so you need to keep your mouths closed especially when you don’t know what you are talking about!!!!!!

Wrong kind of cats!! :)

Is WV really the Bearcats? LOL

Cant tell you how long I have thought they were Wild!

Especially with their Blue and White uniforms and they are so close to Lexington .

I think we should change Newport to Bearcats with their proximity to UC and the black, red and white uniforms; then switch Walton to Wildcats.

🐱🐈

WV has one of the best coaches they have ever had. Too bad some people don`t realize it. Their talent level will be way down next year! Too bad some people can't enjoy one of the best runs over the last 3 years in WV history! Some great talent and very good coaching!!! Congrats WV.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 13

Curious, where did Miles come from and when did he get to WV?

He was at Woodland in 8th grade, would have been nice to see him go to Scott. That Woodland team had Ohmer, Houston, Miles, Joyce, Hunter. That was a great team back then.