February 20, 20197 yr Currently they are saying he has a knee sprain. However, he is set to get an MRI today. This could be a big issue, if it ends up being more. While UK has nice depth in the front court. Travis has been really big for the Cats in big games this year, especially on the defensive end. Hopefully it is just a few weeks, and he can make it back by the SEC tournament.
February 20, 20197 yr I hope he’s not out long. They need him. He has muscle, size and experience. I don’t think they can advance very far in the NCAA tourney without him. Maybe get past two rounds but getting into the third round could be iffy.
February 20, 20197 yr If he's able to play he will play. He needs all the Exposure he can get.....JMO!
February 20, 20197 yr If he's able to play he will play. He needs all the Exposure he can get.....JMO! Exposure?
February 20, 20197 yr If he's able to play he will play. He needs all the Exposure he can get.....JMO! I think he knows that any pro career will be somewhere other than the NBA. I think he would play if he's physically able because he knows this is it and he's a team player who will do anything for his team.
February 20, 20197 yr Author If he's able to play he will play. He needs all the Exposure he can get.....JMO! I think he knows that any pro career will be somewhere other than the NBA. I think he would play if he's physically able because he knows this is it and he's a team player who will do anything for his team. I don't think a single person is questioning if he would play or not if he is healthy enough to. With him being a senior, part of the reason why he came to UK was to prove himself, and to play in the NCAA tournament. So there is no question he would be play if he can. The only worry is if he tore something like an ACL, or something that would prevent him from playing. So until the MRI, everyone is just holding their breath hoping its just a MCL sprain and maybe just a few weeks of rest and rehab.
February 20, 20197 yr I don't feel good about it. Same, I know we are both familiar with how knee injuries can go firsthand. Trying not to be a pessimist but knees just aren't meant to bend that way. My concern is more for a partial tear of some sort.
February 21, 20197 yr Sounds like the knee sprain was confirmed and that Travis will be out of action for the next two weeks. Hopefully EJ & Richards progress during this period.
February 21, 20197 yr Mild sprain. Cal said probably 7-10 days, could be a little longer, depending on the soreness.
February 21, 20197 yr Sure got lucky there. No doubt. Now everyone looks to see what's going on with Zion Williamson. I'm hoping he is just out tonight.
February 21, 20197 yr The tv announcers in the Duke-UNC game said Zion’s shoe blew out and caused him to hurt his knee. If this is a major injury on a major star player that’s going to be a huge negative publicity hit on whatever company name he was wearing, imho.
February 21, 20197 yr It's a real blow to Kentucky's chances in the rematch against Tennessee. Hopefully they survive Auburn and I think they should be fine against Arkansas.
February 21, 20197 yr Author The one good thing to come out of this, now that we know he will be back. Is that it gives Richard's, or Montgomery, or even both a chance to grow and gain a lot of confidence over the next few weeks with more minutes. That could end up being a very good thing come tournament time, when Reid Travis is also back.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.