Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 31 Corbin 23

Featured Replies

If a Corbin player put his hand on the ball then it was the right call. From the far side of the field it looked like the only contact came from the foot or leg of the Corbin player that Clark had blocked into the ball.

 

Actually what made the call so bad, one player touched it and stopped movement even, then another player came in allmost at the same time and knocked it back and sent it spinning. So really it was downed twice the side judge was confused because of the speed of the game.

  • Replies 122
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good ball game. Congrats to Russell on another Region Title. I have heard alot of talk about Kasey Clark and don't get me wrong he is a good ball player. But the real player I thought made the difference tonight for Russell was the QB he does the mis-direction perfect from the wing T. Hate to see it end this year but look out next year, didn't loose much have alot coming up also Corbin will be somthing special next year and years to come. On the punt the ball was downed by hand it just kept rolling afterword. The side judge thought that if the ball was still moving nomatter wether it was downed or not it was still live ball. The White hat over-ruled it which was the right call. Once intentionally touched by the punt team it is then a dead ball. Great ball game tonight aweful long/unhappy drive home.

That's what makes Clark great if you take away the run he beats you with the pass or he knocks you stiff on defense or returns a kick creates a defensive TD. He also makes the others around him better and that is why he is such a special football player! Tyler is a great player as well and they definetly benefit from each other. If you noticed all his passing yards were to Clark! The Devils have several weapons!

This is no slight on Corbin but the final is closer than it should have been. Russell went way to conservative in the 4th quarter. Running straight into a VERY GOOD Corbin defense just was not going to cut it. I thought Corbin had the best defense that Russell had faced all year.

 

Corbin did stack the box. Really had 10 in the box the whole fourth quarter which Russell should have taken advantage of but didn't. Trying to run the ball and the clock almost allowed Corbin to come all the way back.

 

Tyler Jones had an Awsome game. So was Cashen. Both quarterbacks made plays all night long and will be back next year. Not a good sign for opponents of either of these teams.

 

You really got to give credit to the Redhounds though. Every time Russell would start to pull away. They would answer back. They played their hearts out.

I think the final score was a good indication of how close these two teams were matched. The difference in this game was Russell's experience against Corbin's youth. How can you question the play calling of Ivan (the great) it looked to me that he knew exactly what he was doing. I believe Russell has a few more weapons than just Kasey (Look at me) Clark, don't know the Clark kid and this was the first time I seeen him play but you only get one chance to make a first impression and listening to the Corbin fans they were not overly impressed by Clark, it seems that he is more about himself than his team. I was very impressed by the QB he was very hard to tackle for the Corbin players. It was great to see that they are other communities out there that take pride in there F-Ball Programs. Cudos to the Russell fans you are a classy bunch.

 

Go Red Devils! Defend The R! Bring it back to Flatwoods!

I think the final score was a good indication of how close these two teams were matched. The difference in this game was Russell's experience against Corbin's youth. How can you question the play calling of Ivan (the great) it looked to me that he knew exactly what he was doing. I believe Russell has a few more weapons than just Kasey (Look at me) Clark, don't know the Clark kid and this was the first time I seeen him play but you only get one chance to make a first impression and listening to the Corbin fans they were not overly impressed by Clark, it seems that he is more about himself than his team. I was very impressed by the QB he was very hard to tackle for the Corbin players. It was great to see that they are other communities out there that take pride in there F-Ball Programs. Cudos to the Russell fans you are a classy bunch.

 

Go Red Devils! Defend The R! Bring it back to Flatwoods!

 

 

I can question it because I thought we got stubborn. In the first half Corbin took away the sweeps. They were all over Clark and Beekman every time. The ends and LBs did a good job of stringing the plays out. The middle of the field was wide open. Russell picked up good yardage between the tackles all night. They just didn't run the short traps enough.

 

In the fourth quarter Corbin really packed it in. That is when the sweeps and short passing game could have put the game out of reach.

 

As far as first impressions go. I would take Clark on my team anyday. He does much more than just run the ball and he had a number of big plays last night.

Great job Red Devils, Tyler Jones played like a warrior, he made so many big plays I lost count he was everywhere O an D awesome!!! Hey FBALL I might be traveling to Pirate land next week going to try an get a trade for friday, might even have to pull out that Russell sweatshirt and hat from 1989 when my other nephew Steve Vallance, played it has been in mothballs all this time(I hope it still fits not sure I think I may have picked up 1 or 2 pounds? lol) might as well put it to use!! Like Coach Edwards said last night, he said they had 1 more year to win me over to be a Russell fan, I am pretty sure that won't happen but you can bet I will be pulling for the Red Devils all the way! CONGRATULATIONS RUSSELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fire: :fire::ylsuper:

You look better in maroon and gold.

 

Not good, but better.

Congrats to the Red Devils!

Who does Russell have next?

 

Belfry at The CAM.

The one who stated that is not a homer type announcer and always calls the games 50/50, but I guess he could of missed it.

Touching it with your foot does not down it?

When they get to watch the film they will see #26 touched the ball, you could see it rock. The ref missed it bad.

I have to wonder why Corbin didn't keep running Number 34 until Russell could stop him. Every time he touched the ball he was a load. He alone could have put a hurt on Russell. There QB is exceptional. I would still have Jones who showed tonight he is the real deal just like he does every Friday night. Great job Jones. No touches for Frazure tonight. I'm not sure why but that's just the way it unfolded. He will be needed against Belfry. Once again congratulation Red Devils you make all of us in the community very proud. Thanks.

Wish one of those coaching guru's would explain that one. Michael could have helped out their offense. It takes 2-3 men to slow that boy Down.

I think the final score was a good indication of how close these two teams were matched. The difference in this game was Russell's experience against Corbin's youth. How can you question the play calling of Ivan (the great) it looked to me that he knew exactly what he was doing. I believe Russell has a few more weapons than just Kasey (Look at me) Clark, don't know the Clark kid and this was the first time I seeen him play but you only get one chance to make a first impression and listening to the Corbin fans they were not overly impressed by Clark, it seems that he is more about himself than his team. I was very impressed by the QB he was very hard to tackle for the Corbin players. It was great to see that they are other communities out there that take pride in there F-Ball Programs. Cudos to the Russell fans you are a classy bunch.

 

Go Red Devils! Defend The R! Bring it back to Flatwoods!

Well if your questioning Kasey Clark he had 3 TD's all the recieving yards and 2of the 3 biggest defensive plays of the game. He is 39-3 as a starter so if you want to call Kasey "Look at Me" Clark then let's add it to Kasey( just watch me and my TEAM win) Clark! 3 District Championships 3 Region Championships 3 straight Semi states and 1 State Championship so far #2 pending the kid is a winner enough said!:fight:

The passing plays to Clark really hurt Corbin. Corbin would get Russell in 3rd and long time after time in the first half, but they kept making big plays to keep drives alive. Corbin made some good adjustments at the half to really keep Russell in check the 2nd half.

How many 1st downs did Russell have the 2nd half? I know that they had 13 for the game to Corbin's 20. Too many trips empty inside the red zone, the fumbled snap on the punt that resulted in an easy TD and the INT at the six yard line were too much to overcome against a very good Russell team.

How can you question the play calling of Ivan (the great) it looked to me that he knew exactly what he was doing. I believe Russell has a few more weapons than just Kasey (Look at me) Clark, don't know the Clark kid and this was the first time I seeen him play but you only get one chance to make a first impression and listening to the Corbin fans they were not overly impressed by Clark, it seems that he is more about himself than his team. I was very impressed by the QB he was very hard to tackle for the Corbin players.

The only play I question from Russell was the pass (incomplete) inside of 2 minutes, we were down to 1 timeout and didn't have to use it there. I didn't think Russell changed their offense that much in the 4th, except for the possesion I am talking about. It's a very conserative offense anyway.

 

I'm glad someone made the comment about Clark, I thought about it. I noticed a couple times the refs got on him some......once when they apparently asked him to toss a ball to them and he looked down at it then just walked away, the other I'm not sure.

 

#8 the QB was the most impressive player on the Russell side to me, had enough speed to give us fits in the 1st half and to avoid sacks.

 

I really felt as though Russell defense was above average, they didn't beat us as much as we beat ourselves. A TD on the 1st possession instead of a FG would have been huge (1st down on the 4?). The bad snap on the punt gave Russell an easy TD (from the 18 I believe). And the possesion before half could have easily went for a TD, that was a matter of our players not knowing where they were supposed to be more than the Russell D.

 

We were without Sanders a good deal of the 1st half. #34 is not our normal FB, I believe that was his first start there. CJ Light is normally the starter but was injured. I believe Sanders would have been the FB this year had Blake Freeman not been injured early.

 

Next year looks bright for Corbin. Just remember boys......next season started today.

congrats on a great battle Hounds....Future looking oh so good! Congrats to Russell. Good luck against the Pirates!

I believe Russell has a few more weapons than just Kasey (Look at me) Clark, don't know the Clark kid and this was the first time I seeen him play but you only get one chance to make a first impression and listening to the Corbin fans they were not overly impressed by Clark, it seems that he is more about himself than his team.

 

I agree with that, like you said though don't know him. This was the second time I have seen him play including last year at louisville. I didn't get that impression of him at all last year. But this year i most definatley did in this game. Maybe you all will get to make to louisville again and i will get to see a different impression of him.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.