Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 31 Corbin 23

Featured Replies

It seems as though some of the Corbin fans are a little bitter by Mr. Touchdown scoring #100 on them and setting up the field goal with the big catch over your DB. Please remember your talking about a seventeen year old who has more wins and titles than you can imagine. 39-3 as a starter to go with a playoff record of 11-1 which is a whole other season. Congratulations you shut his run down! Great job by the Hounds D-line. He really showed his versatility by ripping the Hounds receiving. There wasn't one DB that could contain him in the open field. 3 TD's and 125 yards of offense. 2 4th downs converted to TD's ,Boy you Hound fans are tough to impress considering The Corbin team lost more game this season than he has lost in his entire career. However you won't need to worry about him again unless your a big college football fan. Also I believe if Kasey Clark moved to Corbin you fans would welcome him with wide open arms! He did hang 18pts on the Hounds!

  • Replies 122
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the final score was a good indication of how close these two teams were matched. The difference in this game was Russell's experience against Corbin's youth. How can you question the play calling of Ivan (the great) it looked to me that he knew exactly what he was doing. I believe Russell has a few more weapons than just Kasey (Look at me) Clark, don't know the Clark kid and this was the first time I seeen him play but you only get one chance to make a first impression and listening to the Corbin fans they were not overly impressed by Clark, it seems that he is more about himself than his team. I was very impressed by the QB he was very hard to tackle for the Corbin players. It was great to see that they are other communities out there that take pride in there F-Ball Programs. Cudos to the Russell fans you are a classy bunch.

 

Go Red Devils! Defend The R! Bring it back to Flatwoods!

 

 

I find your comments to be offensive and uncalled for. You state that this is the first time you have seen Clark play. If so how can you attack a player who you don't even know. Your coment that he is more about himself is uncalled for. You don't even know the your man. That's fine that the Corbine fans were not overly impressed with him. The only problem is that you are the only one running your head. Grow up and don't attack players you know nothing about.

 

Jeepman

The only play I question from Russell was the pass (incomplete) inside of 2 minutes, we were down to 1 timeout and didn't have to use it there. I didn't think Russell changed their offense that much in the 4th, except for the possesion I am talking about. It's a very conserative offense anyway.

 

I'm glad someone made the comment about Clark, I thought about it. I noticed a couple times the refs got on him some......once when they apparently asked him to toss a ball to them and he looked down at it then just walked away, the other I'm not sure.

 

#8 the QB was the most impressive player on the Russell side to me, had enough speed to give us fits in the 1st half and to avoid sacks.

 

I really felt as though Russell defense was above average, they didn't beat us as much as we beat ourselves. A TD on the 1st possession instead of a FG would have been huge (1st down on the 4?). The bad snap on the punt gave Russell an easy TD (from the 18 I believe). And the possesion before half could have easily went for a TD, that was a matter of our players not knowing where they were supposed to be more than the Russell D.

 

We were without Sanders a good deal of the 1st half. #34 is not our normal FB, I believe that was his first start there. CJ Light is normally the starter but was injured. I believe Sanders would have been the FB this year had Blake Freeman not been injured early.

 

Next year looks bright for Corbin. Just remember boys......next season started today.

 

Someone missed the boat if that was #34 first start. If he played for Russell I would think He would carry the ball up the middle until the other team got tired of being dragged up and down the field. Then Clark would go out for a pass. I'm not sure what the Corbine coaching staff were looking at but I know the Russell fans were very impressed with #34 and his ability to drag tacklers along for the ride.

I don't believe anyone said they were unimpressed with Clark as a player. I believe everyone is talking about attitude.

 

To be honest, I had no idea how many TDs Clark had in his career or that he reached 100 last night, and don't really care. I only remember Clark scoring twice but I probably missed on.

 

I'm glad you brought up the reception to set up the FG........it was actually an interception that was taken away on the ground after the Corbin defender was down.

 

Nice win regardless. I'm not trying to say that we deserved to win more than you guys, bottom line is you guys went out and executed more than we did. Just kinda thinking (typing) out loud........if we would have done this, if we would have done that, if that call went different......that sort of thing. Same thing you guys would be doing if we would have won.

 

I'll be pulling for you guys next week. I've seen Middlesboro twice this season and judging by what Belfry did to them Russell will have their work cut out for them.

 

Good luck the rest of the way.

Someone missed the boat if that was #34 first start. If he played for Russell I would think He would carry the ball up the middle until the other team got tired of being dragged up and down the field. Then Clark would go out for a pass. I'm not sure what the Corbine coaching staff were looking at but I know the Russell fans were very impressed with #34 and his ability to drag tacklers along for the ride.

Campbell might have started a game early in the season at FB, I know he played quite a bit against Bell.

The reception that set up the field goal was the right call. Clark went over top of the DB and pulled it in. They both came down fighting for the ball. The offense gets the call if they both have it coming down. The fact that Clark had it on the ground just shows the call was correct.

The only play I question from Russell was the pass (incomplete) inside of 2 minutes, we were down to 1 timeout and didn't have to use it there. I didn't think Russell changed their offense that much in the 4th, except for the possesion I am talking about. It's a very conserative offense anyway.

 

 

 

The offense is not always THAT conservative. The fact that they didn't change it up in the 4th quarter is what I am talking about. Corbin did change their defense in the 4th quarter and Russell did not adjust.

 

I am a big supporter of coach McGlone. That will never change. The man has forgot more about football than most of us will ever know. But that does not change the fact that the playcalling in this game was too predictable. Corbin had overloaded the strong side and had taken away anything outside the tackles. Russell did take advantage of this some with Wells the FB. In the 4th quarter Corbin moved 10 in the box and stacked the inside. Russell never adjusted. Quick pitch, sweep from power I, sprint passes would have been very effective.

 

I don't have a problem with the pass on third down. Yes it stopped the clock but that was more of a bad decision rather than a bad call. When the pass was not there run with the ball and keep the clock running.

 

I played for Coach McGlone and the point I guess I am trying to make is that we saw very little of this offense. Up two scores running the ball and the clock is the right thing. But there were more options in the running game that were available considering what the Redhounds were doing on defense.

I know this may sound funny in a 31-23 games but I thought both defenses really dominated this game. Jones and Cashen made alot of big plays when there was nothing there.

 

Corbin's defense really came after the ball and attacked the los. They took away the sweeps and never seemed to wear down.

 

Russell's Defense to me was just as impressive. Corbin throws alot of different sets and looks at a defense. Russell really contained most of the night. Sometimes blitzing the QB and sometimes dropping 8 into coverage. Most of the night they kept everything in front of them and should have had a couple more ints.

The offense is not always THAT conservative. The fact that they didn't change it up in the 4th quarter is what I am talking about. Corbin did change their defense in the 4th quarter and Russell did not adjust.

 

I am a big supporter of coach McGlone. That will never change. The man has forgot more about football than most of us will ever know. But that does not change the fact that the playcalling in this game was too predictable. Corbin had overloaded the strong side and had taken away anything outside the tackles. Russell did take advantage of this some with Wells the FB. In the 4th quarter Corbin moved 10 in the box and stacked the inside. Russell never adjusted. Quick pitch, sweep from power I, sprint passes would have been very effective.

 

I don't have a problem with the pass on third down. Yes it stopped the clock but that was more of a bad decision rather than a bad call. When the pass was not there run with the ball and keep the clock running.

 

I played for Coach McGlone and the point I guess I am trying to make is that we saw very little of this offense. Up two scores running the ball and the clock is the right thing. But there were more options in the running game that were available considering what the Redhounds were doing on defense.

The pass on second down was actually supposed to be a sprint out RUN. The QB elected to pass the ball. I am sure the Devils learned a lesson in clock management after the game from the coaches.

The pass on second down was actually supposed to be a sprint out RUN. The QB elected to pass the ball. I am sure the Devils learned a lesson in clock management after the game from the coaches.

Thats what I said. It wasn't a bad call. It was a bad decision. I think they got a preview of that lesson as soon as the play was over.

It seems as though some of the Corbin fans are a little bitter by Mr. Touchdown scoring #100 on them and setting up the field goal with the big catch over your DB. Please remember your talking about a seventeen year old who has more wins and titles than you can imagine. 39-3 as a starter to go with a playoff record of 11-1 which is a whole other season. Congratulations you shut his run down! Great job by the Hounds D-line. He really showed his versatility by ripping the Hounds receiving. There wasn't one DB that could contain him in the open field. 3 TD's and 125 yards of offense. 2 4th downs converted to TD's ,Boy you Hound fans are tough to impress considering The Corbin team lost more game this season than he has lost in his entire career. However you won't need to worry about him again unless your a big college football fan. Also I believe if Kasey Clark moved to Corbin you fans would welcome him with wide open arms! He did hang 18pts on the Hounds!

 

Not bitter at all. Just seemed like he was the 'big show' and thats NOT high school football. He is a good ball player, that made the second time i had seen him play but only the first time i had gotten that impression. Like someone stated earlier it wasnt his ability that unimpressed me it was his attitude. There is alot of ways to portray excitement and aggression, MAYBE that was his way of doing it and there was things being said under that helmet to counter all of the negative actions, if that is so i am sorry for the misconception. Corbin may take him but i can guarantee his attitude would change.

Not bitter at all. Just seemed like he was the 'big show' and thats NOT high school football. He is a good ball player, that made the second time i had seen him play but only the first time i had gotten that impression. Like someone stated earlier it wasnt his ability that unimpressed me it was his attitude. There is alot of ways to portray excitement and aggression, MAYBE that was his way of doing it and there was things being said under that helmet to counter all of the negative actions, if that is so i am sorry for the misconception. Corbin may take him but i can guarantee his attitude would change.

 

Clark is an excitable kid. He plays with alot of emotion and sometimes they get the best of him. Maybe he is a little cocky but this is how I judge him. All of the younger kids idolize him and I have never seen him be anything but gracious with them. He plays around with them while officiating JFL games, always smiling and the little kids really love it.

 

Is he a saint? No. But how many of us were at that age or are now. He plays with alot of heart and sometimes those emotions lead to poor decisions. He may not be a saint but there is no need to demonize him either.

As hard hitting and physical as this game was there was only one turnover. The interception by Sizemore. Great job holding onto the ball by both teams.

Clark is an excitable kid. He plays with alot of emotion and sometimes they get the best of him. Maybe he is a little cocky but this is how I judge him. All of the younger kids idolize him and I have never seen him be anything but gracious with them. He plays around with them while officiating JFL games, always smiling and the little kids really love it.

 

Is he a saint? No. But how many of us were at that age or are now. He plays with alot of heart and sometimes those emotions lead to poor decisions. He may not be a saint but there is no need to demonize him either.

 

Last year versuses Belfry really exemplified Clark's ability to manage his emotions and it was the most impressive thing I saw. Save a big run and big pass Belfry contained him pretty well last year... and in the second half for all intensive purposes shut him down holding him to under 20 yards.... as Belfry continued to gain momentum and dominate the second half Clark could very have easily have folded mentally... but instead he steps up and makes that big interception to seal the game.

 

That play itself spoke volumes about this kid...:thumb:

I want to first get on there and say congrats to the Russell Red Devils. They came up big when they needed to. When Corbin came out of the gate and moved the ball down the field like it was nobodies business and actually making the Russell D look vulnerable, the Devils bucked up and made some nice stands when it mattered the most. They took it personally and proved they were solid and had a great team. I also want to commend the Russell DB's because they made it hard for Corbin to get open.

 

As for the game, yea there will always be calls that can lead us to the what if's. I won't get going on that because quite frankly, it shouldn't matter and that goes on any game. Unless calls are absolutely blatent, players are what decide outcomes not refs. The only blatent call was reversed shortly thereafter so it was up to Corbin to step up for any other questionable ones.

 

I came out and saw two teams who were pretty evenly matched do good battle for nearly 3 hours. I think Corbin had every opportunity to win the game and frankly, I think they should have won the game. However while Corbin may have been more athletic and better along the line of scrimmage, Russell was more resilient which was attributed to experience. I came away very impressed with The Red Devils.

 

Kasey Clark is a fine ball player. While he didn't quite live up to the running back expectations due to the Corbin D, he proved he was a great player by realizing he is able to hurt you in other ways. He did that by catching the ball. The quarterback is a great player and will be the man up in Flatwoods next season. Good luck next week Devils and hope to see you all make the trip down to Corbin next November because I'd bet dollars to dimes that Corbin will be there. 90% of this team will be back.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.