2019 Mr. Basketball Finalists

1st Region - Connor Guthrie (Mayfield)

2nd Region – KyKy Tandy (University Heights)

3rd Region – Kobe Poole (Breckinridge County)

4th Region – Jackson Harlan (Clinton County)

5th Region – Trevon Smith (Taylor County)

6th Region – Blake Butler (Jeffersontown)

7th Region – David Johnson (Trinity)

8th Region – Dieonte Miles (Walton-Verona)

9th Region – Tahj Harding (Newport)

10th Region – Dontaie Allen (Pendleton County)

11th Region – Isaiah Cozart (Madison Central), Michael Moreno (Scott County), Kyle Rode (Lexington Christian)

12th Region – Carter Baughman (Mercer County)

13th Region – J.J. Ramey (South Laurel)

14th Region – Noah Back (Perry County Central)

15th Region – Brady Whitaker (Magoffin County)

16th Region – Korbin Spencer (Elliott County)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The winner should come from Tandy, Johnson, Cozart, Moreno or Rode.......especially if Moreno comes back. I don't believe Allen played enough. If he had been able to play longer and continued his pre-injury performance, then he'd have been a shoo-in.

With Johnson, Moreno, and Allen all spending time with injuries this year. Should be between Tandy & Rode. Both would be very legit winners who have done it since early in their careers.

I believe Allen is the best of the players, and has been since his middle school years, but his lengthy injury hurts his senior year candidacy.

With Johnson, Moreno, and Allen all spending time with injuries this year. Should be between Tandy & Rode. Both would be very legit winners who have done it since early in their careers.

I believe Allen is the best of the players, and has been since his middle school years, but his lengthy injury hurts his senior year candidacy.

How many of these kids have you seen play in their high school years?

Agree on all points.

It should really be this simple but it won’t be.

The only two people who it should be between is Tandy and Rode IMO.

I struggle making an argument for anyone besides those two and I heavily lean towards KyKy Tandy being the winner.

I think Isaiah Cozart is an interesting case when you look at his resume. Hes the mix of a great senior season and a great career that so many people argue which holds more weight in the Mr. Basketball conversation. Also, I am pretty sure hes the only candidate on the list that has broken multiple state records. Most blocked shots in a season and a career.