Dexter Jackson calls out some unnamed teammates

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061113/COL03/611130321/1066

Dexter Jackson, the safety brought in from Tampa Bay to instruct on the demands that winning requires, cut loose but good after this game. Jackson has a Super Bowl ring. He won't be getting another, at least not this year. He talked like a betrayed and angry man.

After Cincinnati led visiting San Diego 28-7 at halftime, the season melted like the Wicked Witch. Jackson questioned the effort. No, check that. Dexter Jackson fairly blew it up.

"We got comfortable. We let up. They didn't quit. We had some guys quit. You saw the game. A lot of guys quit. It's time for some players to own up." It's time, Jackson said, to "tell guys, if you don't want to do it, get out of here."

Or you could look at it the way Dexter Jackson did, and see a team resting on its first 30 minutes. There are those in the home locker room who will tell you that the second half Sunday was a tidy metaphor for the entire season: A group of talented, overconfident players, living in last fall, unwilling to put in the over-the-top effort needed to keep a good thing going.

"The eye in the sky don't lie," said Jackson. "Watch the film."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trouble in Paradise? I got 1 question for you Bengal fans. I thought Sam Adams was going to solve all of your run stopping problems?

Does anyone watch football? A DT or NT can't do anything to stop the run if you don't have LB's. Our LB's are flat terrible. Also, the Bengals have been pretty good against the run this year. LT is sick.

Does anyone watch football? A DT or NT can't do anything to stop the run if you don't have LB's. Our LB's are flat terrible. Also, the Bengals have been pretty good against the run this year. LT is sick.

Your kidding right? If your LB's are terrible and a DT or NT cant do anything to stop the run who is making all your tackles if your defense is good against the run?

I thought you all said losing Jerome Bettis and Randel El wasn't going to be a problem for the Steelers this year?

I never said that so dont lump me in. Anytime you lose a Hall of Fame RB your going to miss him. They are missing Randle El on Punt Returns and trick plays. I still say Washington over paid just like they do for everybody. The Steelers have turned the ball over to much this year is the main reason they are 3-6.

I never said that so dont lump me in. Anytime you lose a Hall of Fame RB your going to miss him. They are missing Randle El on Punt Returns and trick plays. I still say Washington over paid just like they do for everybody. The Steelers have turned the ball over to much this year is the main reason they are 3-6.

And the Bengals inability to make plays on 3rd down on both offense and defense is the reason why they are 4 and 5...

Stopping the run takes DL holding their ground, LB's scraping, S's filling, and CB's forcing from the outside, in other words- all 11 players.

The Monday moring QB's want to talk about run-stuffing DT's.