Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin (7-5) at Russell (11-1)

Who wins Friday? 144 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Friday?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This should be the biggest test so far this season for the Red Devils.

  • Replies 241
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell has a more balance attack than what people realize. They can beat you many different ways. They have great athletes and one of the best coaches that high school football has ever had and are on a mission to repeat as State Champion.

 

Russell 24

 

Corbin 13

This is where we get to see how good Russell really is. They will now be giving the ball to Clark for more than just a handful of carries.

 

Time to crank up the offense, and get back to the Pizza Box. :thumb:

 

 

Frances

I think coming into the season Corbin thought they would end up at Russell.And they would have to play the game of there life. I think it will a nice game to watch looking foward to seeing the nice people of Russell and seeing Kasey Clark play.Corbin has a nice QB in Clint Cashen so it should be a great game see you friday.

We are looking forward to hosting Corbin bring plenty of fans should be a good night of hs football.

Russell is the more experienced and more athletic team in this matchup.

 

Russell-32

Corbin-16

Going solely on results from this season, I think Corbin matches up pretty well with hardnosed/blue collar running teams. (see Rockcastle, Bell)

 

On the other hand, they seem to struggle against athletic type teams (see Middlesboro, South Laurel)

 

Russell's basic identity is more in line with the good blue collar/hardnosed running game. Russell is obviously the favorite, but I think Corbin has a decent shot in this game.

Ill take Russell 31 -21 in this one. Goodluck to both teams, should be a dandy.

Going solely on results from this season, I think Corbin matches up pretty well with hardnosed/blue collar running teams. (see Rockcastle, Bell)

 

On the other hand, they seem to struggle against athletic type teams (see Middlesboro, South Laurel)

 

Russell's basic identity is more in line with the good blue collar/hardnosed running game. Russell is obviously the favorite, but I think Corbin has a decent shot in this game.

If you don't think Russell is an athletic team you are mistaken. The balance on this team is very good. They have a good passing game and can win a game either playing smashmouth football or just letting their athletes make plays. It really depends on what the opposing defense decides to give up.

I hope that Russell wins and Belfry beats Middleboro, I would love to see another another rematch with Russell and Belfry.

After reviewing each teams records, it is obvious that this game is Russell's to lose. However, I see Corbin making a serious game of this. The early season struggles could pay major dividends in November.

Corbin stands a chance although they will probably come into the game as a 2-3 td underdog. Corbin's record is a little deceiving due to their youth. They played some teams tough and should have beaten them but just didnt have the experience to close them out. Russell is a great team and have one of the best coaches ever. They will definately realize this about Corbin and be very prepared. Look forward to a good game.

Let the playoffs begin!!!! No disrespect to East Carter or Fleming Co. meant, but this game is truly the beginning of our march back to Louisville. Looking forward to seeing how we match up against the Redhounds. I'm hoping we execute and play with an intensity not yet seen this season. Hard hitting and hard running will serve us well.

Not quite ready to make a prediction. Go Devils!!!

  • Author
Corbin stands a chance although they will probably come into the game as a 2-3 td underdog. Corbin's record is a little deceiving due to their youth. They played some teams tough and should have beaten them but just didnt have the experience to close them out. Russell is a great team and have one of the best coaches ever. They will definately realize this about Corbin and be very prepared. Look forward to a good game.

 

I think this will be a closer game than most think. Keep in mind Russell has not really been tested yet. I look for Clark to handle the ball at least 25 times. I see Frasier with 3 catches and one TD. This one will be a dandy.

I believe that Russell had its most complete game of the season versus Fleming Friday night. I know that playing Corbin will be a huge step up from Fleming, but I think that Russell just has too much for Corbin to handle. Fleming kept Kasey Clark fairly quiet all night and still had 48 points put up on them. I think it will be within a two possession game at the end, but Russell will prove to be too experienced and talented.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.