Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin (7-5) at Russell (11-1)

Who wins Friday? 144 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Friday?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'd like to see Corbin win this ballgame! Have to support the area teams. Russell is a very talented and well coached football. Will be a tough game for the Redhounds but stranger things have already happened this year in the playoffs! This is why the games are played! Get after 'em Redhounds!

  • Replies 241
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen Russell play.

 

I just know their "identity" is similar to that of Belfry. They are hardnosed, "we are coming at you, try to stop us" teams. I think Corbin plays well against that attitude.

 

If Russell is more of an explosive/out-athlete ya team, then thats great. I just doubt that is really the case.

 

I think Belfry has some good skill guys, but that doesn't make Belfry an "athletic/skill type" team in the mold of Middlesboro or Western.

 

Russell is a blue collar smashmouth team. I'm sure they have good athletes, but Corbin will be forced to stop the Wing T in its purest form. Russell won't slip 3 and 4 receivers, etc.

 

I just think Corbin is a different beast than Newport. They know smashmouth football.

 

All that said. Russell is who my money is on

 

Russell 27

Corbin 14

I don't see much of a game here. Corbin will have to play their beat game by far to have a chance, especially on the road.

 

Russell 42

Corbin 14

SuperB

 

You really think a Corbin team that plays Rockastle Co. within 2 pts and Bell within 3 is going to get blown away?

SuperB

 

You really think a Corbin team that plays Rockastle Co. within 2 pts and Bell within 3 is going to get blown away?

 

The same Corbin team that lost at home to an awful Oldham County team. I don't have to tell a Belfry fan how tough it is to play at Russell either. Just a gut instinct here.

I agree that is that is tough to play in Flatwoods, but the matchups make me believe it will be a competitive game, and NOT a blowout.

 

If Russell blows Corbin away, then Mercer Co. IMO is not the favorite!

Russell is not going to put 4 wide or go to the spread. They can stretch the field and the coaching staff does an excellent job of making in game adjustments. My point was you can't just put 10 in the box and expect it to work. You will have to defend the whole field.

I think Corbin's defense will keep them in it, but the offense will not be able to do enough.

 

Russell 28

Corbin 12

Russell is not going to put 4 wide or go to the spread. They can stretch the field and the coaching staff does an excellent job of making in game adjustments. My point was you can't just put 10 in the box and expect it to work. You will have to defend the whole field.

 

I agree. Justwhen you forget about Russell passing the ball you will see the ball in the air for a huge gain

Let the playoffs begin!!!! No disrespect to East Carter or Fleming Co. meant, but this game is truly the beginning of our march back to Louisville. Looking forward to seeing how we match up against the Redhounds. I'm hoping we execute and play with an intensity not yet seen this season. Hard hitting and hard running will serve us well.

Not quite ready to make a prediction. Go Devils!!!

 

 

The intensity and execution have been there the past 2 1/2 games when we needed it. No disrespect to anyone but it's difficult to get up for teams that you know you are going to run right over and only play for maybe 1 quarter or two. It's now time to get going and Russell's been going lately and I know they'll be ready to play and will come to play with great intensity Friday against Corbin. The coaches figures the would play Corbin so they've been preparing already but more importantly the players know that Corbin is a very good team and that their record is very, very, very decieving. Look at the quality schedule Corbin has played and the losses were close and the Redhounds could have won most of them. They won't be sneaking up on anyboby Friday when they travel to Russell. Everyone from the coaches and players know how good they are and will not be overlooking them. Have a safe trip to Russell, if any Redhounds fans need direstion to the stadium just let me know and I'll be more than happy to post them.

SuperB

 

You really think a Corbin team that plays Rockastle Co. within 2 pts and Bell within 3 is going to get blown away?

 

 

Hey Cam, us Russell folf know the truth about Corbin. A blowout would be nice but I don't think many people around here expect that. We believe in the Devils but we're realistic to know that Corbin is a very good football team and very capable of beating anyone on any given Friday. That's the truth. The Russell players and coaches also know this and will prepare for an excellant Corbin team.

I believe that Russell had its most complete game of the season versus Fleming Friday night. I know that playing Corbin will be a huge step up from Fleming, but I think that Russell just has too much for Corbin to handle. Fleming kept Kasey Clark fairly quiet all night and still had 48 points put up on them. I think it will be within a two possession game at the end, but Russell will prove to be too experienced and talented.

 

 

Fleming didn't hold Clark down, Coach McGlone held Kasey down. He only carried the ball 8 times and he did have a 70+ yd TD call back on holding call. Fleming did nothing to limit Kasey. Coach realize he didn't need him so he decided to rest him and not risk injury.

I think it will be close at first but Russell will pull away with a 2+td lead.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.