Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin (7-5) at Russell (11-1)

Who wins Friday? 144 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Friday?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 241
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

russell-24

corbin-13

I'd like to see Russell, JC, and Raceland all get to come to Louisville.

 

It'd be one heckuva conga line, coming west on I-64.

 

In keeping with my prediction record of having never gotten one right, I'll say that Corbin wins in a squeaker:

 

Corbin 24

Russell 21

 

 

Frances

  • Author
I agree that is that is tough to play in Flatwoods, but the matchups make me believe it will be a competitive game, and NOT a blowout.

 

If Russell blows Corbin away, then Mercer Co. IMO is not the favorite!

 

 

I really don't think for one minute that Russell will blow anyone out at this point. Like I said before this will be Russells first real test with 2-A teams. Clark will handle the ball more than he has so far this year. Frasier will be a key in this game. Now the most important. The linemen. They have improved over the last 12 games but again they have not been smacked in the mouth nor have they had to smack someone in the mouth. They will be the key to the way this game unfolds. If they play every down and hold there blocks Russell will score. If not who knows.

 

Corbin is not coming to Russell because they are an average team. They are very good football team. I have a feeling the Russell fans are going to witness some smashmouth football.

 

Our kicking game is suspect with Russell missing at least 3 extra points last week. I hope this does not effect the outcome. On the other hand Evens had a dandy 35 yard field goal. Excellent kick.

 

Good luck to both teams.

 

Russell 35:fight:

Corbin 28:madman:

corbin will be closer than that:thumb:

:thumb: :thumb:

I really don't think for one minute that Russell will blow anyone out at this point. Like I said before this will be Russells first real test with 2-A teams. Clark will handle the ball more than he has so far this year. Frasier will be a key in this game. Now the most important. The linemen. They have improved over the last 12 games but again they have not been smacked in the mouth nor have they had to smack someone in the mouth. They will be the key to the way this game unfolds. If they play every down and hold there blocks Russell will score. If not who knows.

 

Corbin is not coming to Russell because they are an average team. They are very good football team. I have a feeling the Russell fans are going to witness some smashmouth football.

 

Our kicking game is suspect with Russell missing at least 3 extra points last week. I hope this does not effect the outcome. On the other hand Evens had a dandy 35 yard field goal. Excellent kick.

 

Good luck to both teams.

 

Russell 35:fight:

Corbin 28:madman:

 

 

How big is the offensive line for the Devils? Corbin is not a huge team but will get after you in the same respect. I feel the difference will be special teams and who can pass the ball more effectively. Russell is a solid team all the way around. They play the game the way it should be played in all areas. I hope the Hounds show up, if they do that, then all us in attendance will be treated to a nice high school football game. If they do not show up Russell will win handily. Best luck to both teams as they prepare this week.

  • Author
How big is the offensive line for the Devils? Corbin is not a huge team but will get after you in the same respect. I feel the difference will be special teams and who can pass the ball more effectively. Russell is a solid team all the way around. They play the game the way it should be played in all areas. I hope the Hounds show up, if they do that, then all us in attendance will be treated to a nice high school football game. If they do not show up Russell will win handily. Best luck to both teams as they prepare this week.

 

Russell has at least two that are over 300. The rest are somewhat smaller and faster. Russell relys on the speed of the linemen to make thier blocks to enable the backs to slip through. They are playing good at this point but as I said they have not been smash mouth tested by a 2-A team. We will find out in 5 days.

I have seen Corbin play this year, and the game I saw their D is for real.

 

I haven't seen Russell this year, but saw them last year and know they are going to be as fundimentally sound as anyone in the state.

 

I don't expect a high scoring game I think it may come down to a missed extra point. I like the Redhounds 14-13.

Russell - 34

Corbin - 31

 

 

Ummmmm....no...Corbin will not hang that many on the Devils. The most anyone has scored all year on the defense was 24 and it took Ashland 3 OT's to get that. Not saying the Redhounds won't win (although I don't think they will) but they won't score 31...:thumb:

I have seen Corbin play this year, and the game I saw their D is for real.

With the exception of the Oldham Co. game and the Middlesboro game Corbin's D has been excellent, both teams had a lot of speed which we couldn't handle at the time. Some adjustments have been made and we should be a little better against faster teams.

 

If our offense goes in and plays like they did at Middlesboro, look out. Cashen has been getting better each game since the first Wayne Co. game....the last pass that I seen him throw has to be one of the prettiest in the last couple years (78 yd td).

 

I don't expect a high scoring game I think it may come down to a missed extra point. I like the Redhounds 14-13.

Corbins kicking game has been pretty good the 2nd half of the season, I believe we hit a 35 yard FG Friday which was called back.....

 

I look for a low scoring game which could go either way.

  • Author
Ummmmm....no...Corbin will not hang that many on the Devils. The most anyone has scored all year on the defense was 24 and it took Ashland 3 OT's to get that. Not saying the Redhounds won't win (although I don't think they will) but they won't score 31...:thumb:

 

 

In addition to that Russell has had 104 points scored on them thus far. This is the best in 2-A. Most of these points were scored on the number 2 D.

Fleming didn't hold Clark down, Coach McGlone held Kasey down. He only carried the ball 8 times and he did have a 70+ yd TD call back on holding call. Fleming did nothing to limit Kasey. Coach realize he didn't need him so he decided to rest him and not risk injury.

 

 

Oh trust me, I know how McGlone saves him. If he played as much as other players, he'd have over 2,000 yards this year. I was just pointing out that he didn't have a huge day with averaging less than 4 yards/carry. I'm a Russell fan and am not knocking him. I don't think Russell can get away with giving him the ball less than 15 times against Corbin. Kasey has great hands and I would like to see him used more in the passing game with the exact play that they ran against Fleming. He was all by himself on the short pass and with his running skills, he can turn those into 20 yard plays or more. I don't want Russell to get to much away from the bread and butter, but I love those short passing plays to the RB.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.