Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic (7-5) at Raceland (11-1)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 146
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

 

For what it's worth, if (or when) I finally do get back to Raceland, I want to see the Palace. I still haven't been back for a basketball game, and everyone from back home says it is the real deal.

 

 

Frances

:thumb: Frances it is a top of the line facility for sure. Instead of "The Palace" I prefer calling it "Ram Arena".

All Play that is an awesome site thanks for the heads up.

All Play that is an awesome site thanks for the heads up.

 

Check out the Cin St.X and Cin. Colerain highlights if you like to see outstanding high school football teams.

NCC wins big with ground game and a rock wall defense. Northern Ky football is too tough for the boys from the east. I say NCC by 4 tds.

NCC wins big with ground game and a rock wall defense. Northern Ky football is too tough for the boys from the east. I say NCC by 4 tds.

Hurricane,

 

If your predictions are as accurate as your avatar is beautiful, Raceland should have no problems!! :D

When is the last time a team from Raceland's district won the region?
Sometime in the early 1970s.
Sometime in the early 1970s.
Louisa in 1973
I don't know why this animosity exists,,,,perhaps it's the fact that the Rams soak the field prior to all NKY games. Years of history and tradition. Firetrucks dump thousands of gallons on Thursday in the wee hours and fire insurance claims triple on Thursdays here in Raceland. Not to mention that the trucks are kept at close proximity to the school in advance of an impromptu parade.

 

I'll pick Raceland 9-3 in a miry battle of field goals!!!!

 

Screw the firetrucks. This year we are having helicopters used by the California Forestry Service to fight those wildfires brought in to douse the field from above with torrents of water akin to the days of Noah. Then the Rams will enter the field from the new high school via Ark driven by Coach Hoof and Coach Fannin will dress as a dove and leave the Ark first finding the Olive Branch at the 50 and signaling the Orange Crush to exit the Ark 2 by 2 and take their places on the sidelines. :p

 

The perception that Northern Kentucky owns Northeast Kentucky is a justifiable position based on the past. People from outside this particular area should have the perception that the Rams will lose this one since they have only the past to draw from. The Rams have changed perception in this area, this year, by going out and getting it done on the field.

 

LCA is not NCC, but LCA was a monkey on the Rams back. And they finally took the monkey over their head, tossed it aside, and got rid of it. This seems to be a recurring theme this year for the Rams, so no wonder the belief here in Northeast Kentucky is that the Rams can win this game. In order for the perception outside of Northeast Ky to change the Rams just have to prove the naysayers wrong. Thats something they seem to be getting get at doing this year. They beat who they were supposed to beat, beat who they were they were not supposed ot beat (Ashland in Putnam Stadium, LCA in the District title game), and they have obliterated teams they should obliterate. Raceland has done everything that a team has to do earn the respect of any observers of the program. Now they just have to take the next step and beat NCC, the defending state champs. I thnk they can do it, they have the offense to do it, and they have have the defense that can force the turnovers to do it.

 

Ultimately this game will be decided by turnovers. I think both teams "want it" as bad as the other team. NCC is not going roll over if they get behind and neither is Raceland. This is going to be a "strap your chinstrap extra tight and put some Depends on under your jock because the hits are going to be harder than a two CSX Trains colliding head on (which happens in Catlettsburg a little too often)" kinda game.

 

In the end let's just all hope the kids come out of the game injury free and with memories that last a lifetime. Rams by 1.

  • Author
Screw the firetrucks. This year we are having helicopters used by the California Forestry Service to fight those wildfires brought in to douse the field from above with torrents of water akin to the days of Noah. Then the Rams will enter the field from the new high school via Ark driven by Coach Hoof and Coach Fannin will dress as a dove and leave the Ark first finding the Olive Branch at the 50 and signaling the Orange Crush to exit the Ark 2 by 2 and take their places on the sidelines. :p

 

The perception that Northern Kentucky owns Northeast Kentucky is a justifiable position based on the past. People from outside this particular area should have the perception that the Rams will lose this one since they have only the past to draw from. The Rams have changed perception in this area, this year, by going out and getting it done on the field.

 

LCA is not NCC, but LCA was a monkey on the Rams back. And they finally took the monkey over their head, tossed it aside, and got rid of it. This seems to be a recurring theme this year for the Rams, so no wonder the belief here in Northeast Kentucky is that the Rams can win this game. In order for the perception outside of Northeast Ky to change the Rams just have to prove the naysayers wrong. Thats something they seem to be getting get at doing this year. They beat who they were supposed to beat, beat who they were they were not supposed ot beat (Ashland in Putnam Stadium, LCA in the District title game), and they have obliterated teams they should obliterate. Raceland has done everything that a team has to do earn the respect of any observers of the program. Now they just have to take the next step and beat NCC, the defending state champs. I thnk they can do it, they have the offense to do it, and they have have the defense that can force the turnovers to do it.

 

Ultimately this game will be decided by turnovers. I think both teams "want it" as bad as the other team. NCC is not going roll over if they get behind and neither is Raceland. This is going to be a "strap your chinstrap extra tight and put some Depends on under your jock because the hits are going to be harder than a two CSX Trains colliding head on (which happens in Catlettsburg a little too often)" kinda game.

 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

After a Raceland/NCC playoff game while the Raceland players were showering and eating at NCC, the Raceland parents helped the NCC parents set up chairs and tables for a festival NCC was having the next day. :thumb:

 

Yep, That would have been us. And in return they offer to make sure our boys had enough to eat and drink. Like I said 1st class people.

:thumb: :thumb:

I wish I could, Cville, but it just won't happen. I will be traveling (for work) for the next week or so, and a trip back home just isn't in the cards. Best of luck, though, to all of you.

 

I hope that Raceland can pull out a win, and that Russell and JC can do likewise. I don't think it's beyond reason to think that all three of you can make it to the Pizza Box.

 

I know that all three teams still have some very tough opponents to get past, but I honestly think it's possible. At least, I certainly hope it is.

 

For what it's worth, if (or when) I finally do get back to Raceland, I want to see the Palace. I still haven't been back for a basketball game, and everyone from back home says it is the real deal.

 

 

Frances

They did an excellent job on the new gym. It is everything you have heard and more!! Maybe you can get a chance to take in a game sometime. I hope the football stadium is next on the projects agenda.

Keep safe on the road and don't work to hard!!

Who all has NCC lost too?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.