Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic (7-5) at Raceland (11-1)

Featured Replies

I happen to enjoy the 2 or 3 posters from the various schools who aren't afraid to sling a little smack. They make the site interesting. IMO. Unfortunately some aren't able to participate as they once were. Sort of seems like it depends on which school you happen to back..IMO

  • Replies 146
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
There seems to be great interest in this game as there are over 100 post and it's only Sunday!! Nothing like a good debate and a great high school football game.:thumb:

:thumb: Good post Cville, it should be a great game. I know from past experience on big games at Raceland, a person imo will have to be there by no later than 5:00-5:30 for a 7:30 k/o to get a parking spot anywhere near the entrance to Ram Stadium. I don't know how much more that I will post on this thread due to some of the undue critsizm of teams,coaches and even other teams coaches that are not involved in this game. That is not why I started the thread.

I wasn't going to go to this game, but now I may. Just how far away is it?

LCA did well with what they have, but many of the fans on Reynolds felt like last years team was wasted.

 

The NCC program is on point this year and unlike the Beechwood team the loaded LCA team that shoulda at least played for a state title last year beat....In my opinion, the problem at LCA is coaching....LCA would be a monster, or at least last year would've been class A runner-up.

 

Research, are you kidding. This is Paul Rains we are talking about. Do you really think he quit at MC to come to LCA? That would be like Dale Mueller quiting HHS to coach at Pendelton. Did you think he was so masterful when he got destroyed on TV this year and last year. Or how about when he failed to get one of the top 50 players in ky the ball at all last year. Or the fact that maybe, just maybe he had alot more speed and leadership last year to run the offense he's running now. Rains takes the credit, but if you did your research, you would know that its not him. There's probably a coach on his staff that took a 4A school to the state finals a few years ago. And really, do you, or anyone else think that NCC was so good last year as to beat the breaks off that LCA team by that much? Note: now do your research. like i said before, check those days at MCHS, in Richmond. By the way, Henderson will be in UK's reciever rotation last year, but somehow wasn't good enough to get the ball in his Sr. season under Rains.

 

PLD2, you got issues with Coach Rains and LCA....

 

I suggest 3 things:

 

1) Go talk to coach Rains about why he didn't have the team revolve around Henderson;

2) Get over it;

3) Find a more appropriate thread -- this one is about NCC/Raceland.

PLD2, you got issues with Coach Rains and LCA....

 

I suggest 3 things:

 

1) Go talk to coach Rains about why he didn't have the team revolve around Henderson;

2) Get over it;

3) Find a more appropriate thread -- this one is about NCC/Raceland.

 

 

Can anyone tell me if racelands stadium is handycap accessable. My mother is in a wheelchair and would like to go.

Can anyone tell me if racelands stadium is handycap accessable. My mother is in a wheelchair and would like to go.

I know that, through the years, I've seen several people at the games in wheelchairs.

 

I'll go as far as to say that if you let one of the Raceland faithful know in advance, they would do anything in the world to help you get your mother set up in a great spot.

 

Eastern Kentucky has some first class people, and Raceland is no exception. I think one of the things I miss most about being back home is the way people treat each other on that end of the state. We get on BGP and act like we don't know up from down, but when it comes down to it, 95% of the people back home would give you the shirt off their backs.

 

 

Frances

I have made several trips to NKY, NCC, Beechwood, Ludlow and Dayton. The people there have always been great to us. The last time we were at NCC after the game they let us come up to the school to let the boys shower and so we could feed the team before the bus ride home. Great people. Also great view from up there, especially at night.

Have a safe trip NCC fans. Looking forward to seeing you Friday night.

 

After a Raceland/NCC playoff game while the Raceland players were showering and eating at NCC, the Raceland parents helped the NCC parents set up chairs and tables for a festival NCC was having the next day. :thumb:

I don't know why this animosity exists,,,,perhaps it's the fact that the Rams soak the field prior to all NKY games. Years of history and tradition. Firetrucks dump thousands of gallons on Thursday in the wee hours and fire insurance claims triple on Thursdays here in Raceland. Not to mention that the trucks are kept at close proximity to the school in advance of an impromptu parade.

 

 

 

 

I'll pick Raceland 9-3 in a miry battle of field goals!!!!

Can anyone tell me if racelands stadium is handycap accessable. My mother is in a wheelchair and would like to go.

Dozer22, Ram Stadium is handycap accessable. If you can send me a PM with some info on what you will be driving, I will see to it that you are allowed entrance via driving inside the stadium and parking in the endzone if you wish to do so. If you prefer to park outside, I will be more than glad to assist you any way possible. Have a safe trip and just let me know if you need anything.

Dozer22, Ram Stadium is handycap accessable. If you can send me a PM with some info on what you will be driving, I will see to it that you are allowed entrance via driving inside the stadium and parking in the endzone if you wish to do so. If you prefer to park outside, I will be more than glad to assist you any way possible. Have a safe trip and just let me know if you need anything.

 

Thank you very much. I will give my mom and dad a call and see which car they are going to drive. I will PM you tommorrow and set it all up. Again TY very much.

Dozer22, Ram Stadium is handycap accessable. If you can send me a PM with some info on what you will be driving, I will see to it that you are allowed entrance via driving inside the stadium and parking in the endzone if you wish to do so. If you prefer to park outside, I will be more than glad to assist you any way possible. Have a safe trip and just let me know if you need anything.

 

I'll call this "Exhibit A".

 

 

Frances

Thank you very much. I will give my mom and dad a call and see which car they are going to drive. I will PM you tommorrow and set it all up. Again TY very much.

:thumb:

I'll call this "Exhibit A".

 

 

Frances

:thumb: Frances, will you be making the trip? It has been a while since you paced the sidelines at Ram Stadium.

:thumb: Frances, will you be making the trip? It has been a while since you paced the sidelines at Ram Stadium.

 

I wish I could, Cville, but it just won't happen. I will be traveling (for work) for the next week or so, and a trip back home just isn't in the cards. Best of luck, though, to all of you.

 

I hope that Raceland can pull out a win, and that Russell and JC can do likewise. I don't think it's beyond reason to think that all three of you can make it to the Pizza Box.

 

I know that all three teams still have some very tough opponents to get past, but I honestly think it's possible. At least, I certainly hope it is.

 

For what it's worth, if (or when) I finally do get back to Raceland, I want to see the Palace. I still haven't been back for a basketball game, and everyone from back home says it is the real deal.

 

 

Frances

  • Author
Can anyone tell me if racelands stadium is handycap accessable. My mother is in a wheelchair and would like to go.

It certainly is h.c. accsessable dozer and I can speak from experience in being handi-capped myself. I am a Raceland "homer" but there would be NO problem in getting help from the Raceland folks if you need it. I even once witnessed a former principal at Raceland going and asking someone to move their vehicle to another spot to give handi cap person a closer parking spot when all the h.c. spots were taken. I know bc that h.c. person needing a closer spot was me!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.