Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic (7-5) at Raceland (11-1)

Featured Replies

  • Author
:thumb: Good post!! You should be proud of Northern football. It is a powerhouse year in and year out. That is why we have so much respect for NCC. Of all my visits to NCC games in years past, the people and players involved with their program have shown a lot of class to us Ram visitors. Have a safe trip and I hope we can give you the same first class accommodations you have given us in the past.

:thumb: :thumb: I agree 100% cville, We (Raceland) have always been treated with class when visiting NCC. We respect their great program and all of the NKY district and have always tried to show them respect. That district year in and year out is the best in the state in class A. GO RAMS!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

  • Replies 146
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have made several trips to NKY, NCC, Beechwood, Ludlow and Dayton. The people there have always been great to us. The last time we were at NCC after the game they let us come up to the school to let the boys shower and so we could feed the team before the bus ride home. Great people. Also great view from up there, especially at night.

But it only takes a few bad posts from either side to turn it into a war.

I'm sure it will be a great game. It's good to play a class team, because you know that they've come to play ball and you don't have tp worry about all the other crap that goes on with some of the other teams.

Have a safe trip NCC fans. Looking forward to seeing you Friday night.

  • Author
OldRambler, Thanks for the updates on this game. You do a great job and have done so all season. I was out of town at a business meeting, and knew that we had won via family, but I sure looked forward to reading your 'updates' thread when I got home today.

:thumb: Do you mean that you could actually understand them??:lol: I mean, I don't exactly have a very good record of typing things corerectly and making things clear.:eek: When they passed out brains on that day, I thought that they said train and I missed it.:scared: Thanks for the compliment incognito. I always try to promote Raceland kids and support the teams when I can and the group of kids that we have now make it easy to promote them.:thumb:

pld - you must really be totally clueless about Coach Rains and what he has done with a VERY YOUNG team this year! I see it as a "masterful" job of coaching when you have to replace the entire SKILLPLAYERS from last years team and use two freshmen - one at TB and the other at QB! Are you kidding me? Do your research and see how many coaches could pull that off and come out with a 9-3 season!

 

Here's some history for you on LCA's Football Records:

Year Record Notes

1999 0-7 8-man/JV

2000 2-6 JV regular

2001 2-8 Varsity - 1st year

2002 1-9 Varsity

2003 8-3 Rains' 1st year at LCA/1st Playoff game ever

2004 8-3 won 1st round; lost to Beechwood in 2nd round

2005 11-2 won 1st two rounds; lost to NCC & LexCath - both CHAMPS

2006 9-3 Lost in 2nd round to 11-1 Raceland

 

 

So you think Rains is not a good coach? :D

 

If so, then you have level-set your ability to analyze football!:ylsuper:

 

Research, are you kidding. This is Paul Rains we are talking about. Do you really think he quit at MC to come to LCA? That would be like Dale Mueller quiting HHS to coach at Pendelton. Did you think he was so masterful when he got destroyed on TV this year and last year. Or how about when he failed to get one of the top 50 players in ky the ball at all last year. Or the fact that maybe, just maybe he had alot more speed and leadership last year to run the offense he's running now. Rains takes the credit, but if you did your research, you would know that its not him. There's probably a coach on his staff that took a 4A school to the state finals a few years ago. And really, do you, or anyone else think that NCC was so good last year as to beat the breaks off that LCA team by that much? Note: now do your research. like i said before, check those days at MCHS, in Richmond. By the way, Henderson will be in UK's reciever rotation last year, but somehow wasn't good enough to get the ball in his Sr. season under Rains. Research well done.

Shooter I am sorry if i have made you mad, but when your teams and district has been berated as by a lot of NKy people would you not get frustraded too? All to often NKy teams have the better than thou attitude( no denying it) I work in NKy and i hear it everyday. No matter how hard these kids from All over the rest of the state work it is always NKy is the best. All I ask at least give a good look at a lot of other schools in the state. These kids play as hard as anyone in the state give credit where credit is due. They are in the regional finals for a reason they are pretty good.

 

As everyone else has put it, both areas have great respect for each other. I think your problem is you work up here. You always have a sour taste in your mouth w/every post involving the NKY people. Nobody else seems to degrade the NKY people except you, that is your right to have your own opinion and I respect that.

 

You can't argue w/history. NKY has produced several state champions in football. If I remember, Beechwood was the team of the decade in the '90's. I know BHS has played some great teams from your part of the woods and they have been great games as I think this one will be also.

 

Let the best team win to represent OUR region in the semi-finals.

I will take Raceland.

ncc-21

Raceland-28

I just don't see this one being close. NCC wins 28-7.

  • Author
Thank you!

 

Keep in mind what I said, when the "others" get on here telling you all how bad we'll kill you and everything, those intelligent amongst us will be glad if that happens, as you would be too, I hope, but we know it's not likely!

:thumb: :thumb: Good post 98NC, I realize that it was just 2 or 3 posters that I was directing my comments at. I have no problem with someone promoting their chosen team and predicting a victory. When the insults start on kids and coaches then that is when I have the problem.

  • Author
As everyone else has put it, both areas have great respect for each other. I think your problem is you work up here. You always have a sour taste in your mouth w/every post involving the NKY people. Nobody else seems to degrade the NKY people except you, that is your right to have your own opinion and I respect that.

 

You can't argue w/history. NKY has produced several state champions in football. If I remember, Beechwood was the team of the decade in the '90's. I know BHS has played some great teams from your part of the woods and they have been great games as I think this one will be also.

 

Let the best team win to represent OUR region in the semi-finals.

:thumb: Good post!

Research, are you kidding. This is Paul Rains we are talking about. Do you really think he quit at MC to come to LCA? That would be like Dale Mueller quiting HHS to coach at Pendelton. Did you think he was so masterful when he got destroyed on TV this year and last year. Or how about when he failed to get one of the top 50 players in ky the ball at all last year. Or the fact that maybe, just maybe he had alot more speed and leadership last year to run the offense he's running now. Rains takes the credit, but if you did your research, you would know that its not him. There's probably a coach on his staff that took a 4A school to the state finals a few years ago. And really, do you, or anyone else think that NCC was so good last year as to beat the breaks off that LCA team by that much? Note: now do your research. like i said before, check those days at MCHS, in Richmond. By the way, Henderson will be in UK's reciever rotation last year, but somehow wasn't good enough to get the ball in his Sr. season under Rains. Research well done.

 

Clear your email, I have a good one for you. I enjoyed reading this.

  • Author

 

As Cville said, every school has a handful of people that we wish would just back off a tad. Competition is what makes sports great.

 

Everyone (from all schools) would do well to learn to win with class, lose with dignity, and respect your opponent and the game.

 

 

Frances

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

QUOTE=oldrambler]:thumb: Good post!

 

:thumb: Back at you. I always enjoy reading your words of wisdom!!

There seems to be great interest in this game as there are over 100 post and it's only Sunday!! Nothing like a good debate and a great high school football game.:thumb:

Research, are you kidding. This is Paul Rains we are talking about. Do you really think he quit at MC to come to LCA? That would be like Dale Mueller quiting HHS to coach at Pendelton. Did you think he was so masterful when he got destroyed on TV this year and last year. Or how about when he failed to get one of the top 50 players in ky the ball at all last year. Or the fact that maybe, just maybe he had alot more speed and leadership last year to run the offense he's running now. Rains takes the credit, but if you did your research, you would know that its not him. There's probably a coach on his staff that took a 4A school to the state finals a few years ago. And really, do you, or anyone else think that NCC was so good last year as to beat the breaks off that LCA team by that much? Note: now do your research. like i said before, check those days at MCHS, in Richmond. By the way, Henderson will be in UK's reciever rotation last year, but somehow wasn't good enough to get the ball in his Sr. season under Rains. Research well done.

pld - sounds like you have some "sour grapes" to me and this obviously clouds any true objectivity needed to see things clearly...

 

So maybe you should stick to this threads topic and move on...:D

pld - sounds like you have some "sour grapes" to me and this obviously clouds any true objectivity needed to see things clearly...

 

So maybe you should stick to this threads topic and move on...:D

Right

 

NCC will win at Raceland, not at LCA. By the way, didn't LCA beat Raceland at Raceland only to lose to them at home? Again, good job coach rains, that region championship is very elusive. Are you also going to tell me that the best school Hayden could've gotten into was Western? He's excellent at getting kids into college too, right?

 

P.S. Hopefully Raceland will make it a close regional championship game. Closer than last year between the two regions.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.