2018 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott County and Pendleton County were both invited months ago and turned us down. We invite Scott County every year....and get turned down. Trinity is going to the City of Palms...the #1 tournament in the country with tons of money. We don't have a problem with this. Trinity has been very good to the KOB...and they will be back.

Did Spencer even make the regional tournament? How would they qualify? There are at least 4 teams that I would rank above Spencer at this time from the 8th. Until they prove themselves don't see how they would be in contention for the KOB.

Did Spencer even make the regional tournament? How would they qualify? There are at least 4 teams that I would rank above Spencer at this time from the 8th. Until they prove themselves don't see how they would be in contention for the KOB.

I don't know what last year has anything to do with the year coming up, but Spencer County has some of the top young talent in the state. If you go through the region and look at what other teams are losing and Spencer has coming back they are top three in the region. Actually, they are number one in returning scoring and experience. Do some research and you might be surprised. Have a nice day.

Edited by Cardsrule1972

Scott County and Pendleton County were both invited months ago and turned us down. We invite Scott County every year....and get turned down. Trinity is going to the City of Palms...the #1 tournament in the country with tons of money. We don't have a problem with this. Trinity has been very good to the KOB...and they will be back.

They must be getting someone else in cause very good in Kentucky but they are lacking the size as of today to compete at the City of Palms.

Because basketball is performance based and although they may be young the question is did they get out of their district? Did they lose their big man who if I recall was pretty good? Do they have anybody to replace him? Looking up scoring averages from last year doesn't seem to be the best predictor of who is going to be good or not, the fact is these kids are good but have they won a big game when it counts?

Because basketball is performance based and although they may be young the question is did they get out of their district? Did they lose their big man who if I recall was pretty good? Do they have anybody to replace him? Looking up scoring averages from last year doesn't seem to be the best predictor of who is going to be good or not, the fact is these kids are good but have they won a big game when it counts?

I think your original post kind of discounted them without knowing the answers to all the questions you posed. I follow the program close and everything that I know and see tells me that they will have a break out year next year. While returning scoring is not the tell all, we don't have a whole lot to go on. I do know this--just about every 8th region power lost a ton. Collins and Spencer will be at the top in my opinion. Just an opinion. Time will tell if I am wrong but I don't think I am.

I don't know what last year has anything to do with the year coming up, but Spencer County has some of the top young talent in the state. If you go through the region and look at what other teams are losing and Spencer has coming back they are top three in the region. Actually, they are number one in returning scoring and experience. Do some research and you might be surprised. Have a nice day.

Why does a top three team in the 8th region make you a candidate for the KOB. What did Anderson County do last year ?

Scott Co played in the KOB early in Billy's tenure. I wonder why he doesn't want to go back any more.

• 2 months later...

December 19-23, 2018

Fairdale High School

Kentucky Teams

Fairdale

Trinity

Ballard

Louisville Male

Collins

LaRue County

Lexington Christian

Madison Central