Final CFP Rankings

nkuclubbaseball19

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't have to worry about that. Clemson will take care of the overrated Irish.

So the Irish are overrated for already beating the same teams OSU. Are they overrated because they didnt get curb stomped by LSU? The same LSU Notre Dame beat last year.

So where exactly are they overrated? And what exactly has any of the teams behind them done to show they should be ranked over Notre Dame? Because I guarntee there is plenty to show why those teams are behind Notre Dame.

If you believe this is true, then the difference is who each team lost to... OU clearly wins that comparison.

Just blowing off steam. Check out my first post in this thread. Either way the beating around the bush is stupid. Just say Oklahoma didn’t lose by 29 to freaking Purdue. Instead they kept contradicting themselves and using criteria that actually favors Ohio State and saying it helps Oklahoma. But yes they are 100% identical teams.

So the Irish are overrated for already beating the same teams OSU. Are they overrated because they didnt get curb stomped by LSU? The same LSU Notre Dame beat last year.

So where exactly are they overrated? And what exactly has any of the teams behind them done to show they should be ranked over Notre Dame? Because I guarntee there is plenty to show why those teams are behind Notre Dame.

ND is where they are because of the 0 in the loss column. Had they lost 1 game though they are probably sitting outside the top 6. You can’t say the same for Bama and Clemson. I know it’s off topic, but ND needs to join a conference. It would have been nice for Clemson/ Notre Dame or Ohio State/ Notre Dame settle this in the regular season.

Notre Dame isn’t joining a conference, especially now. If they can get in the playoff without being in a conference, they gain nothing from joining one. They get the revenue from the NBC deal, so they don’t need that either. The only way they join is if the CFP makes it a requirement to be in a conference, which they won’t do.

Notre Dame isn’t joining a conference, especially now. If they can get in the playoff without being in a conference, they gain nothing from joining one. They get the revenue from the NBC deal, so they don’t need that either. The only way they join is if the CFP makes it a requirement to be in a conference, which they won’t do.

I completely agree, joining a conference doesn’t benefit them in any way.

Before the year Notre Dame had a pretty tough schedule. Turns out every team on their schedule drastically underachieved. I think most years they would have had a loss on their schedule with this schedule. Just because the stars aligned for them this year doesn’t mean it’s a fool proof strategy. They have zero margin for error. SEC, ACC, Big 10, Big 12 Champs all have the luxury of having a 1 loss champ making the playoffs most years. 1 loss Notre Dame is probably never getting in.

Being an Ohio State fan is part of who I am. Maybe my fandom is a bigger part of my life than your fandom is but don’t try and tell me what kind of fan I should be.

You can be any type of fan you like, but unless you’re a coach or player or have a family member that is, it literally is completely meaningless. Way more important things in life than a sporting event.

Life’s way too short to get so worked up over a game is all I’m saying.

My take on it all because I know how much you all care:)

As an OSU fan, I would have been happy for OSU if they got in over Oklahoma but cannot complain as OSU should have taken care of business against Purdue, Nebraska and Maryland and frankly did not. I think OSU would have had a better chance of beating Alabama than Oklahoma because I think OSU's ceiling is higher than anybody's in country except Alabama...but again, Oklahoma did not lay the biggest egg ever against Purdue.

Also, I think people assuming Clemson is just going to roll ND are going to be surprised. I DO NOT like Notre Dame AT ALL but respect them this year. I think Clemson will probably win but I think it will be a very competitive game.

Finally, I really hope we never get to the point where a 2 loss non conference champ gets in before a 1 loss conference champ. UGA had its chance and blew it. It would have been really unfair to Alabama if Georgia was put in at 4 so basically Bama had to beat Georgia two straight times to move on.