Final CFP Rankings

nkuclubbaseball19

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Historically the QB's that give Saban defenses trouble are those with an arm and mobility. Haskins is not that. I think he is a great QB but Bama would be living in the backfield on defense. One dimensional Qb's don't normally fair well.
This is such a false narrative about Bama IMO. There have been plenty of pocket guys that have beaten Bama or given them fits. Jake Fromm 2018, Jarrett Stidham 2017, Deshaun Watson 2015/2016 (I know he’s dual threat, but beat them in the pocket), Cardale Jones 2014, Bo Wallace, Trevor Knight. The list is rather large. In fact outside of Manziel, there have been more guys who have beat Bama from the pocket than there has been guys extending plays.

Remember that bit about not searching for someone else to argue for you? Clemson is unproven, IMO they're behind Georgia.

With that said, Clemson went undefeated and didn't even come close to losing to a Purdue, THE END.

Again. Irrelevant to the conversation I was trying to have.

The committee got the 4 IN correctly IMO. However, while if you're not in the top 4 it doesn't matter, I totally disagree how Georgia would be #5. Again, doesn't really matter but putting a 2 loss, non-conf champion with ZERO quality wins above a conference champion with 1 loss, albeit a bad, with 3, 2 of which were on the road (4 if you want to count TCU at the time of play) quality wins certainly is mind boggling. OSU beat the pants off the #4 team with the #1 defense in the country.

Yes, OSU lost to Purdue badly but Georgia lost to LSU by 20 points as well and no I don't care that is was Purdue vs LSU, 20+ point losses are bad regardless of who you play. They have had 2 cracks at Bama in the last 2 years and simply could not finish after having substantial leads in both games. Not to mention calling the bonehead play of the year with that fake punt at the 50 yard line with the game in jeopardy and momentum clearly in Bama's favor. Just because you "played Bama close" doesn't mean your better, or pass the proverbial "eye test" (whatever the heck that means?).

Like I said, at the end of the day they got the BEST 4 teams in that DESERVED to be IN and if you're not in the top 4 it doesn't make a difference. Personally, I have feeling that Oklahoma is going to shock everyone outside of Norman and beat Bama.

What makes the Pac-12 better than the ACC. Who have they beaten. I'd say there best OOC win was Arizona St. over Michigan St.

Take out the top team in each conference. Clearly, Clemson is better than Washington. What are you left with? A bunch of crap for both conferences. I’d take Wash St and Utah against any 2 teams left in the ACC.

The committee got the 4 IN correctly IMO. However, while if you're not in the top 4 it doesn't matter, I totally disagree how Georgia would be #5. Again, doesn't really matter but putting a 2 loss, non-conf champion with ZERO quality wins above a conference champion with 1 loss, albeit a bad, with 3, 2 of which were on the road (4 if you want to count TCU at the time of play) quality wins certainly is mind boggling. OSU beat the pants off the #4 team with the #1 defense in the country.

Yes, OSU lost to Purdue badly but Georgia lost to LSU by 20 points as well and no I don't care that is was Purdue vs LSU, 20+ point losses are bad regardless of who you play. They have had 2 cracks at Bama in the last 2 years and simply could not finish after having substantial leads in both games. Not to mention calling the bonehead play of the year with that fake punt at the 50 yard line with the game in jeopardy and momentum clearly in Bama's favor. Just because you "played Bama close" doesn't mean your better, or pass the proverbial "eye test" (whatever the heck that means?).

Like I said, at the end of the day they got the BEST 4 teams in that DESERVED to be IN and if you're not in the top 4 it doesn't make a difference. Personally, I have feeling that Oklahoma is going to shock everyone outside of Norman and beat Bama.

Why would that be a shock if they are a top 4 team?

I feel like if you want Georgia in we have to think about WSU and Michigan too. LSU was not a great team and woodsheded Georgia. UGA gets a jump on Bama playing poorly and can’t finish the game. They have no business playing in playoff. I could understand if they had one loss or won their conference but they accomplished neither.

Those are some good points. What imo going to happen at every season's end / naming the final four, the only absolute certain is this …. that there will be arguments for and against one team or another.

If ND is in because their undefeated without a conference game, how do you feel if your UCF?

Apples and Oranges, UCF didnt beat many power 5 teams. ND did everything needed to get in, its not their fault Michigan deflated and FSU, USC, and Stanford weren't at usual strength. Undefeated playing a big boy schedule. I do think it's bogus they are allowed to be independent. Hope that gets forced to change soon.