Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Girls Basketball

Featured Replies

Girls Large Schools

 

6th Girls @ Ockerman

7th Girls @ Highlands

8th Girls @ Twenhofel

Finals @ Ballyshannon

  • Replies 88
  • Views 33.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 7th grade girls player I've seen is the big from Ballyshannon. She is the real deal, very quick, polished, handles well, shoots well. Dominates games by herself.

 

Freihofer or the other one? They are both really good.

Not sure of the name, but I think she might be dominant left handed. If not, she's as good left as she is right. She has long blonde hair and wore a pony. The other player is good, but the one I am referring to is special good.

Palmer is last name of the girl from Bally and I absolutely agree she is very good. I watched Hamilton from Connor control a 7th grade game and then do the same in the 8th grade game, both great players

Palmer is last name of the girl from Bally and I absolutely agree she is very good. I watched Hamilton from Connor control a 7th grade game and then do the same in the 8th grade game, both great players

 

I have only seen them a few times, and I know they play AAU together, but is Palmer better than Friehofer? Maybe in my mind's eye I'm confusing the two; that certainly could be the case.

Palmer and Friehofer are two totally different players with different roles. Palmer is the taller of the two and typically works from free throw line in, Friehofer more of a guard and better overall shooter.

If Palmer continues to work on her ballhandling and shooting she could be a really good guard someday, especially with her length.

Edited by UCME

Palmer and Friehofer are to totally different players with different roles. Palmer is the taller of the two and typically works from free throw line in, Friehofer more of a guard and better overall shooter.

If Palmer continues to work on her ballhandling and shooting she could be a really good guard someday, especially with her length.

 

Thanks, yes, I did have them switched in my memory. Appreciate the correction.

Logan Palmer for Bally and Anna Hamilton from Conner the two best 7th graders playing 7th grade. Julia Hunt at HC plays freshman & JV ,Mia Wisme HC plays freshman & JV, Kayla Unkraut Villa plays varsity all very strong. Hamilton, Hunt, Unkraut all play AAU together. 2024 is a good class a lot of talent.

Edited by Dirty Dave
Spelling

I would also add Sarah Baker to that list 2024 playing Freshman & JV at Ryle. Again lots of talent in the 2024 class.

Timberlyn Yeast of Mercer County is the best 8th grader in the State.

Highlands 7th over Grey 19-13, not a pretty game, Highlands 6th won big, even uglier

Any Girls' Middle School games / scores of note so far? I know a lot of the ballyhooed 8th Grade class is up in the high school ranks, but still a lot of talented young ladies playing Middle School around the area.

 

I have seen Woodland 7th in scrimmages, as well as Grant County 7th, and Pius 7th, but haven't heard much about anyone since the season started.

Hearing Bally 7th may be Team to beat, Gray 7th is playing well too

Any Girls' Middle School games / scores of note so far? I know a lot of the ballyhooed 8th Grade class is up in the high school ranks, but still a lot of talented young ladies playing Middle School around the area.

 

I have seen Woodland 7th in scrimmages, as well as Grant County 7th, and Pius 7th, but haven't heard much about anyone since the season started.

 

No scores, but generally speaking from what I've seen

 

6th grade is a one horse race with Highlands. There isn't much competition or skills unfortunately beyond Highlands, maybe Twenhofel that has some good height but raw. Connor and I heard CC were playing competitive.

 

7th grade, talent was either moved up in some cases or not playing for schools. IHM has a solid team with some quality guards. IHM, Highlands, Gray, Bally would be contenders from what I've seen thus far. Holmes has done an outstanding job of improving its team from last year. Someone give a shout out with the Holmes coaches name, bc he deserves a lot of credit. He's been around but I don't recall his name.

 

8th grade, is continuing to turn into rec ball sadly.

Gray 7th takes on Bally and IHM this week, hoping for some good matchups

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.