Middle School Girls Basketball

Guest Boozer13

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

One of the best middle school players in the state is Hailey Collins from North Laurel Middle. She starts on the high school team as a 7th grader and is their top scorer and rebounder on a 14-1 team that will probably win the 13th region.

As the famous sports announcer Curt Gowdy used to say in his broadcast when talking about a young star, “Her future is in front of her!”

One of the best middle school players in the state is Hailey Collins from North Laurel Middle. She starts on the high school team as a 7th grader and is their top scorer and rebounder on a 14-1 team that will probably win the 13th region.

As the famous sports announcer Curt Gowdy used to say in his broadcast when talking about a young star, “Her future is in front of her!”

That is crazy-impressive! Hope to see young Ms. Collins play at some point.

How is the Highlands 8th grade girls doing? I have heard they are undefeated, can anyone verify?

I don’t know if they’re undefeated, but they have a good team. There are a handful of teams that can win the 8th grade division this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand not all officials enjoy doing middle school girls basketball games. Just a reminder though, you signed up for it, nobody is making you do it. At least show some interest, cross 1/2 court from time to time. Talk to the girls, it’s school ball, not select, some girls need a reminder on occasion. No need to yell and point your finger in their face. You also don’t have the right to scream at anyone that says a word in the stands. One of these days a parent is going to lose it. I’ve seen it all year, it gets old

I understand not all officials enjoy doing middle school girls basketball games. Just a reminder though, you signed up for it, nobody is making you do it. At least show some interest, cross 1/2 court from time to time. Talk to the girls, it’s school ball, not select, some girls need a reminder on occasion. No need to yell and point your finger in their face. You also don’t have the right to scream at anyone that says a word in the stands. One of these days a parent is going to lose it. I’ve seen it all year, it gets old

Can’t like this enough. And to add to it, don’t go sit in the home team stands between games or at halftime. It’s not a good look.

And if anyone questioned the call they would immediately threaten to have you ejected and then would remind you that it’s a full season ban