Middle School Girls Basketball

Guest Boozer13

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams had everyone - First time they played Conner didn’t have everyone-

Good win for Conner- Bally probably wins this game 8 out of 10..

Very good win for them. I've seen Conner play this year. I haven't seen Ballyshannon play yet as I'll see them in a couple weeks, but I've heard about them. However, I saw Camp Ernst last year, and I know all but 2 of those players are at Ballyshannon now.

I know middle school girls b-ball isn’t for everyone and can be hard to watch at times but it would be great if the officials actually paid attention to the game. We’ve had the same guy 3’s this week and he rarely crosses half court. If you are getting paid, please acknowledge what is going on in front of you and act like you care, it’s just an hour of your day. Hoping he isn’t there for our 4th game of the week tomorrow

I know middle school girls b-ball isn’t for everyone and can be hard to watch at times but it would be great if the officials actually paid attention to the game. We’ve had the same guy 3’s this week and he rarely crosses half court. If you are getting paid, please acknowledge what is going on in front of you and act like you care, it’s just an hour of your day. Hoping he isn’t there for our 4th game of the week tomorrow

We've been fortunate to have some good ones lately. However, prior to Christmas, some of them were just awful. I have to commend the coaches in those games for keeping their cool. I'm not sure if I could in some of those games when it looked like rugby games. I don't mind bad officials as long as they're consistently bad and putting forth the effort.

I'll be honest, I lost my cool earlier this week during the game that followed ours. I probably should had have gotten a pop, stayed outside for a few minutes, and then sat away from the stands to watch the game. I called their principal and apologized for making a little scene.

I do think that there are high school officials that get assigned to middle school games and resent it.

01/15

7th Girls

Turkeyfoot over Campbell Co. by about 12

01/16 Turkeyfoot at Ballyshannon

And in the 6th, TF had the running clock going in the 4th. This game featured probably 50+ fouls and 20+ jump balls. I think the double bonus was in place during the 1st and 3rd quarters. It was a LONG game.

• 2 weeks later...

Top players in 6th, 7th and 8th? The Boys discussions seem to discuss this a lot, the Girls discussions don’t seem to ever get that far.

Top 7th grade girls player I've seen is the big from Ballyshannon. She is the real deal, very quick, polished, handles well, shoots well. Dominates games by herself. She had about 27 against Turkeyfoot 7th. Another great player is Hamilton from Conner. She does it all well as a guard. She can handle, pass, and shoots very well from distance. Both seem to be nice girls too. These would be 1-2 IMO.