Highlands 44 Lexington Catholic 27

PurplePride92

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands totally dominated in the second half outscoring LexCath 27-0 in the second half until the Knights finally got on the board on a Beau Allen run with 50 seconds remaining in the game. The Bluebirds definitely played "big boy football" tonight and their blitzing in the second half was timed perfectly on the snap count and totally disrupted LexCath's offense. Highland played extremely hard and challenged the receivers on every play and if you did make the catch you were going to get hit hard. It was mentioned that LexCath ran 87 plays but they only averaged 4.8 yards per play while Highland averaged 7.1 yards per play. The Highland receivers made a lot of big plays, their defense was relentless, and the kicker is a major weapon. LexCath's QB Beau Allen is the real deal but the Knights needed this game as the road doesn't get any easier with DeSales and Boyle County looming on the horizon. Good luck to Highland the rest of the way and their QB was very impressive tonight and they have several difference makers on both side of the ball.

I am really excited for this Highlands team. I am not a huge football guy but try to catch the Home games. Very proud of these players and the way they have stepped up this season. I see a lot of heart in this team. They work hard. I am also really happy for Coach Weinrich and his staff. The last few years have been a struggle but it looks like they are righting the ship. Full steam ahead to SK.

What would you suggest? I was very impressed with Highlands defense against a very

potent LexCath offense.

The defense was fantastic! Want them to stay that way! Need to convert on 3rd downs on offense and keep their “O” off the field.

That way there is less chance of injury. Although I did not see one defensive player exhausted. Must be in shape!