Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kerry courts Iraq vet support...NOT

Featured Replies

This clip pretty much sums up John Kerry's opinion of the military.

 

Kerry insults Iraq vets Come on, John, tell us what you really think. Are kids who volunteer to fight in Iraq lazy, plain stupid, or both stupid and lazy?

 

It will be interesting to see what Kerry thinks about Iraqi vets after this audio clip gets some play.

  • Replies 87
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure you got the right soundbite?

  • Author
Are you sure you got the right soundbite?
I think so. The soundbite that I hear is Kerry saying that if you study hard and try to be smart you do well and if you don't you get stuck in Iraq. I interpret that to mean that only stupid or lazy kids don't have better options than serving in our armed forces. What do you hear when you click the link?
I think so. The soundbite that I hear is Kerry saying that if you study hard and try to be smart you do well and if you don't you get stuck in Iraq. I interpret that to mean that only stupid or lazy kids don't have better options than serving in our armed forces. What do you hear when you click the link?

It's the right link. It was fading out at the end on me so I wasn't hearing his Iraq comment.

 

Typical champaign and caviar Kerry.

Kerry is a moron! He makes the comment and then he claims that's not how he meant it. Nice try, typical spin, typical Kerry. Thank God he lost the election.

How pathetic is it that this fool can condemn our troops like this and could have been the Commander in Chief. To call those that have bravely served in Iraq uneducated is a horrible thing to say and then to be so gutless and not apologize for it beyond disgusting. :mad: :fight: :madman:

If the democrats had any sense they would sew this clowns mouth shut and hide his long mule face from the public, but they love him.

Kerry don't have the nads to appologize. He's trying to flip it back at Bush?? Every military family in this country needs to let this boil in their stomachs. I doubt we will forget it any time soon.

John Kerry is a clown and the democrats have to be in a room somewhere wanting to punch him in his mouth.

Let me qualify the following with this: I voted for President Bush. I think Kerry is aloof and lacks leadership ability. I'm not a big fan of his.

 

However, I fully support the notion that he screwed up a slap at President Bush and in no way was intending to criticize the enlisted men and wosay themen. IMO he was trying to say that you can be educated and do well or you can be "educated" and "get us INTO Iraq."

 

I refuse to believe that a man that served his country (unlike me and many others on here) a) believes that the men and women are not intelligent and b)even if he did that he would actually utter those words.

Maybe so...but he has a track record of saying derogatory things about the military.

He screwed up...yet he refuses to apologize. He should apologize for the remark and elaborate on what he meant to say.

What he has done is given the GOP a rallying cry over the last week.

One Democratic House member running for electionin Iowa has already asked Kerry not to come to Iowa and campaign for him.

With everything seemingly running fairly smooth, Kerry produced a hiccup.

Kerry is the best campaigner the GOP has!! Keep talking Johnny boy, America is listening.:thumb:

Let me qualify the following with this: I voted for President Bush. I think Kerry is aloof and lacks leadership ability. I'm not a big fan of his.

 

However, I fully support the notion that he screwed up a slap at President Bush and in no way was intending to criticize the enlisted men and wosay themen. IMO he was trying to say that you can be educated and do well or you can be "educated" and "get us INTO Iraq."

 

I refuse to believe that a man that served his country (unlike me and many others on here) a) believes that the men and women are not intelligent and b)even if he did that he would actually utter those words.

 

An excellent post, CSHS.

 

When I first saw the clip, I thought Kerry had lost his mind. After seeing it in context, it is (to me, anyway) pretty obvious that he is referring to Bush, and not the men and women in the armed forces.

 

That said, I agree with your statement: "I think Kerry is aloof and lacks leadership ability. I'm not a big fan of his."

 

 

Frances

Let me qualify the following with this: I voted for President Bush. I think Kerry is aloof and lacks leadership ability. I'm not a big fan of his.

 

However, I fully support the notion that he screwed up a slap at President Bush and in no way was intending to criticize the enlisted men and wosay themen. IMO he was trying to say that you can be educated and do well or you can be "educated" and "get us INTO Iraq."

 

I refuse to believe that a man that served his country (unlike me and many others on here) a) believes that the men and women are not intelligent and b)even if he did that he would actually utter those words.

 

Good post.

 

I am not a Kerry apologist by any means, but the remarks came out A LOT worse than he intended. With that said, the best idea for Democrats is to keep him locked up and out of the way of cameras until next week concludes because he gave a little energy to a struggling GOP base (and any week following should be out of the way of cameras;) ).

Let me qualify the following with this: I voted for President Bush. I think Kerry is aloof and lacks leadership ability. I'm not a big fan of his.

 

However, I fully support the notion that he screwed up a slap at President Bush and in no way was intending to criticize the enlisted men and wosay themen. IMO he was trying to say that you can be educated and do well or you can be "educated" and "get us INTO Iraq."

 

I refuse to believe that a man that served his country (unlike me and many others on here) a) believes that the men and women are not intelligent and b)even if he did that he would actually utter those words.

It was a stupid thing to say if only because it allows the Republican lie machine to take off again. I'm not a big Kerry fan, but when you hear what he said before the sound bite it is obvious he is talking about President Bush. That won't stop the Republican lie machine from trying to use it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.