November 1, 200619 yr Misspoken? You have got to be kidding!!! :lol: This is much more than that and I can't believe you and some others on here have fallen for his spin. Yes - misspoken. 95% of the talking heads on TV today are in agreement that he was clearly guilty of butchering a oneliner aimed at Bush, and not directing an attack on the men and women of the armed forces. I just finished watching a 30 minute program, wherein Pat Buchanon was saying exactly that. If you change the channel from the FOX News Network every now and then, you can actually see people that aren't lapdogs simply repeating that day's talking points. Frances
November 1, 200619 yr Kerry is an idiot. And not even the loveable kind, the despicable kind. I hope the Dems have to keep making excuses for him for the next 50 years. Every time I see his face, or hear his words, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Same warm and fuzzy feeling(maybe it's nausea) that I feel everytime I see that dumb, clueless expression on W's face.
November 1, 200619 yr You're so good at coming up with the Republican plan, why can't you (or any other Dem) come up with a Dem plan? Apparently you didn't digest my post that you quoted. Take the time to go back to point #4, and see where the idea was floated for a phased withdrawal, based on a timetable. Who do you think came up with that little nugget? A little over a year ago, John Murtha was being called everything but a milk cow for even suggesting that "Stay the Course" was a recipe for disaster. Next thing you know, it's Bush's new idea ... Frances
November 1, 200619 yr Yes - misspoken. 95% of the talking heads on TV today are in agreement that he was clearly guilty of butchering a oneliner aimed at Bush, and not directing an attack on the men and women of the armed forces. I just finished watching a 30 minute program, wherein Pat Buchanon was saying exactly that. If you change the channel from the FOX News Network every now and then, you can actually see people that aren't lapdogs simply repeating that day's talking points. Frances FOX "News." I can't believe people actually watch it for serious news. When I watch, it is for entertainment purposes only.
November 1, 200619 yr Unimportant. GOP is trying to divert attention away from their pathetic selves. Dem's take the House. Get over it Elephants.
November 1, 200619 yr Part I - Free 60 million people from a murderous tyrant who supports terrorism on many levels.[/Quote] Is this the part where they greet us as liberators, and kiss our feet? Or is this the part where they decide that they'd actually like to govern themselves, without our presence? Maybe this is the part where they figure out that we make good targets, and that they'd rather not get involved? Part II - Stay the course until the task is completed. WHOA!!! Somebody send an email out quickly!!! NOTE: "Stay the Course" is no longer the talking point of the day!!! Nice plan. Please refer to the model for this plan, which has already been field tested in Southeast Asia. It failed there (with tragic consequences), and it isn't doing any better in the Middle East. I can see why you think it's a jewel, and wouldn't want to take a chance on trying something else.... Frances
November 1, 200619 yr Yes - misspoken. 95% of the talking heads on TV today are in agreement that he was clearly guilty of butchering a oneliner aimed at Bush, and not directing an attack on the men and women of the armed forces. I just finished watching a 30 minute program, wherein Pat Buchanon was saying exactly that. If you change the channel from the FOX News Network every now and then, you can actually see people that aren't lapdogs simply repeating that day's talking points. Frances Frances, I think you're defensive over the fact that you voted for the fool and you feel you have to come to his aid. That's too bad. I watch a lot more than just FOX, likely more than you break away from CNN. Please defend his calling our troops terrorists going door to door in the night in Iraq. I'd love to hear the spin you have on that one. BTW, I couldn't care less what the media or Pat Buchanon thinks, I know what he said and I know his track record.
November 1, 200619 yr Frances, I think you're defensive over the fact that you voted for the fool and you feel you have to come to his aid. That's too bad. I watch a lot more than just FOX, likely more than you break away from CNN. Please defend his calling our troops terrorists going door to door in the night in Iraq. I'd love to hear the spin you have on that one. BTW, I couldn't care less what the media or Pat Buchanon thinks, I know what he said and I know his track record. He ment George Bush was a terrorist. I don't care what he meant to say, I know what he said and he needs to have the backbone to apologize. As much as some of you want to turn this into a George Bush/Iraq issue this is about a prominent Dem making a huge gaff days before the election. His intellectual laziness will set up a week of the GOP harping on how the Dems are weak on defense and the war on terror.
November 1, 200619 yr Apparently you didn't digest my post that you quoted. Take the time to go back to point #4, and see where the idea was floated for a phased withdrawal, based on a timetable. Who do you think came up with that little nugget? A little over a year ago, John Murtha was being called everything but a milk cow for even suggesting that "Stay the Course" was a recipe for disaster. Next thing you know, it's Bush's new idea ... Frances Any dem or republican that's in charge of (or wants to be in charge of) the military that says they have or want a withdrawal plan, based on a timetable at this time, is a fool! That's more stupid than Kerry's remark. It sounds like a duck and run plan to me. How can you have a plan to to withdraw before the task at hand is complete? Kerry can say whatever he wants, but he don't have the guts to back up anything. You will be seeing less and less of Mr. Kerry since his little gaffe, I say good riddance.
November 1, 200619 yr Frances, I think you're defensive over the fact that you voted for the fool and you feel you have to come to his aid. That's too bad. [/Quote] Dang it. I looked around inside that voting booth, but I didn't see anyone else in there. Since you don't mind telling me what I'm thinking or what I've done, maybe you could email me with the closing price of British Petroleum's stock on the NYSE tomorrow. No? Didn't think so. I watch a lot more than just FOX, likely more than you break away from CNN. [/Quote] Of course you do. That is why you still think that Kerry was referring to the men and women of the armed services... Please defend his calling our troops terrorists going door to door in the night in Iraq. I'd love to hear the spin you have on that one. [/Quote] I'm not here to defend Kerry. I am here to point out that the statement he made yesterday was a blown line in what was supposed to be a series of zingers aimed at Bush. It was a pretty serious gaffe, and if he had a brain, he would simply apologize and move on (as has been pointed out on this thread several times - by people on both sides of the aisle). I find it odd that you didn't decry the failed attempt at humor by Bush, even though it was clearly not a gaffe. Just to be sure you don't misread my intent, I don't think Bush's remarks need to be defended. Then again, I took it for what it was - a stab at humor that didn't come across the way it was meant. I rip on Bush for a ton of things - but I don't need to play up something as mundane as a bad joke. BTW, I couldn't care less what the media or Pat Buchanon thinks, I know what he said and I know his track record. I guess the batteries in the remote control are dead, and you just can't get the TV off the FOX channel, huh? Frances
November 1, 200619 yr Any dem or republican that's in charge of (or wants to be in charge of) the military that says they have or want a withdrawal plan, based on a timetable at this time, is a fool! [/Quote] Wouldn't it be nice if no one could ever have a dissenting opinion? Oh wait - that's what they call a dictatorship. Now I remember - we live in a democracy that defends everyone's right to openly dissent. I'm willing to say that only a fool thinks they should never be disagreed with. That's more stupid than Kerry's remark. It sounds like a duck and run plan to me. How can you have a plan to to withdraw before the task at hand is complete? [/Quote] We've been down this road before. You see things as you wish, but personally, I'm not willing to keep our people in Iraq for another ten years, trying to build a democracy for a populace that isn't willing to stand up for itself, while sacrificing another 5,000 to 10,000 men and women. I'm absolutely not willing to do that simply because someone has come up with the phrase "Cut and run" or "Duck and run". If we are going to pay that price, it needs to be for something a lot more concrete than the outside chance that we might (someday) convince the Iraqis that our form of government is what they REALLY want. Frances
November 2, 200619 yr 1. Dang it. I looked around inside that voting booth, but I didn't see anyone else in there. Since you don't mind telling me what I'm thinking or what I've done, maybe you could email me with the closing price of British Petroleum's stock on the NYSE tomorrow. No? Didn't think so. 2. Of course you do. That is why you still think that Kerry was referring to the men and women of the armed services... 3. I'm not here to defend Kerry. I am here to point out that the statement he made yesterday was a blown line in what was supposed to be a series of zingers aimed at Bush. It was a pretty serious gaffe, and if he had a brain, he would simply apologize and move on (as has been pointed out on this thread several times - by people on both sides of the aisle). I find it odd that you didn't decry the failed attempt at humor by Bush, even though it was clearly not a gaffe. Just to be sure you don't misread my intent, I don't think Bush's remarks need to be defended. Then again, I took it for what it was - a stab at humor that didn't come across the way it was meant. I rip on Bush for a ton of things - but I don't need to play up something as mundane as a bad joke. 4. I guess the batteries in the remote control are dead, and you just can't get the TV off the FOX channel, huh? Frances 1. You're too much Frances! :lol: I'm pretty sure you didn't vote for Bush. Did you? Didn't think so.... 2. Unlike you, I tend to not trust all I hear in the media. I've read and heard all of Kerry's comments, in the paper, on the news and on the radio. My conclusion.... the guy is an elitist jerk who was feeling a little too comfortable among his own kind and let his true and honest feelings out. I do think the guy has a major case of the goo for the military. 3. Tell the families that are stinging from Kerry's "bad joke" or "gaffe" that it was just a stab at humor that didn't come across the way it was meant. I'm sure that'll make them all feel much better, even though it's a lie. I heard a lot of them on the radio the last two days and they sure don't share your or Kerry's excuse for his comments. 4. Dang it, I looked all around the room and didn't see anyone else there. Since you don't mind telling me what I'm watching, tell me what I'm watching on the tube tonight. No? Didn't think so.
November 2, 200619 yr Wouldn't it be nice if no one could ever have a dissenting opinion? Oh wait - that's what they call a dictatorship. Now I remember - we live in a democracy that defends everyone's right to openly dissent. I'm willing to say that only a fool thinks they should never be disagreed with. We've been down this road before. You see things as you wish, but personally, I'm not willing to keep our people in Iraq for another ten years, trying to build a democracy for a populace that isn't willing to stand up for itself, while sacrificing another 5,000 to 10,000 men and women. I'm absolutely not willing to do that simply because someone has come up with the phrase "Cut and run" or "Duck and run". If we are going to pay that price, it needs to be for something a lot more concrete than the outside chance that we might (someday) convince the Iraqis that our form of government is what they REALLY want. Frances Correct me if I'm wrong. As I see it, were not trying to force Iraq to have "our" form of government, were trying to allow them to form their own. It is my belief that gone unattended, Iraq will become a bigger hotbed for terrorist to gain strength and succeed in killing thousands of innocent americans. It is my belief that if we leave too soon, we will have to return in a few years and then is when it could get very ugly. The solution is not as simple as some make it look. I'm glad You or I are not the ones that have to come up with an answer. I take back the "fool" comment, that was stupid on my part. I just can't agree with a timetable on such an issue when nobody knows what tommorow brings during war, much less 18 months from now, even if you have a clear plan. It's my opinion that when these politicians claim they have a withdrawal plan, it's nothing other than politics. You are welcome to disagree.
November 2, 200619 yr 1. You're too much Frances! :lol: I'm pretty sure you didn't vote for Bush. Did you? Didn't think so.... [/Quote] Truth be told - I didn't vote for Bush. You got me. 2. Unlike you, I tend to not trust all I hear in the media. I've read and heard all of Kerry's comments, in the paper, on the news and on the radio. My conclusion.... the guy is an elitist jerk who was feeling a little too comfortable among his own kind and let his true and honest feelings out. I do think the guy has a major case of the goo for the military.[/Quote] You underestimate me. I don't trust everything I hear in the media either. This is a personal attack from you, and you don't normally do that. Let's both agree to rise above that. 3. Tell the families that are stinging from Kerry's "bad joke" or "gaffe" that it was just a stab at humor that didn't come across the way it was meant. I'm sure that'll make them all feel much better, even though it's a lie. I heard a lot of them on the radio the last two days and they sure don't share your or Kerry's excuse for his comments. [/Quote] You may wish to view Kerry's comments as you see fit. Just as I may choose to see the righteous indignation of you or Bush as a transparent play to make others think that patriotism is the exclusive property of the party of "Family Values". 4. Dang it, I looked all around the room and didn't see anyone else there. Since you don't mind telling me what I'm watching, tell me what I'm watching on the tube tonight. No? Didn't think so. Still struggling with digesting what you read? You might notice that my fourth point began with the two words "I guess ...". Feel free to come up with your own witticisms. It appears that mine might be over your head.... Frances
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.