Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kerry courts Iraq vet support...NOT

Featured Replies

So, may I take it that you have never misspoken?

 

 

Frances

Misspoken? You have got to be kidding!!! :lol:

This is much more than that and I can't believe you and some others on here have fallen for his spin.

  • Replies 87
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're so good at coming up with the Republican plan, why can't you (or any other Dem) come up with a Dem plan?

 

 

I'll ask you....what is the Republican plan? I'm not going to argue the Democrats don't have a plan...but I'm still waiting to hear from a Republican what their plan is.

Misspoken? You have got to be kidding!!! :lol:

This is much more than that and I can't believe you and some others on here have fallen for his spin.

 

Not only can I believe it, I knew it was coming in advance.

Was it obvious he was talking about Bush a year ago when he called our troops terrorists going door to door in Iraq?

This fool has a history of saying negative things about our military and feels no remorse for it. Buy into his spin all you want, but I won't.

He was speaking to a group of college kids at a college about education, why would he refer to Bush as stupid when Bush actually scored higher than Kerry did in College?

 

 

To quote Forest Gump's mamma....

 

"Stupid is as stupid does"...and it's not at all limited to political party affilliation. :D

 

(I added that last part myself. :lol:)

I'm afraid that Pryor wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Rather, he had a silver spoon in his nose as he aged.

 

 

Frances

Ouch.

When you hear the full clip he mentions the president several times. It is only when you cut it and islolate the line that it sounds so bad. When I first heard the clip I jumped to the same conclusion as everyone else. I thought, "What was that idiot thinking". Later, when I heard the longer version, it was very obvious what he was saying. It was still stupid to say it because he had to know that the Republcan lie machine would use ANY distortion they could. If Kerry could figure out how to engage his brain before he opens his mouth he would be president today.

If he wasn't a product of the counter cultural weakness that has pulled our country down like a lead weight since it occured, he Might be president today. As it is, Americans are willing to come out in droves to keep a world view vs. a Nationalist leader out of the White House during times of trouble. Isn't the case really that most Americans want a president that puts the interest of the United States first in his policy decisions.

I'll ask you....what is the Republican plan? I'm not going to argue the Democrats don't have a plan...but I'm still waiting to hear from a Republican what their plan is.

 

Part I - Free 60 million people from a murderous tyrant who supports terrorism on many levels.

 

Part II - Stay the course until the task is completed.

Part I - Free 60 million people from a murderous tyrant who supports terrorism on many levels.

 

Part II - Stay the course until the task is completed.

 

Those are vague at best.

 

Details? How are we going to "stay the course"?

 

What you listed isn't a plan. It's simply a goal. Like all goals, we need action plans to achive them.

 

What you listed is sort of like an outline for a paper...the main points are listed, but there's no substance offered.

Those are vague at best.

 

Details? How are we going to "stay the course"?

 

What you listed isn't a plan. It's simply a goal. Like all goals, we need action plans to achive them.

 

What you listed is sort of like an outline for a paper...the main points are listed, but there's no substance offered.

 

I made it as simple as I could for you. It's really not complicated at all. Part I is already accomplished, Part II is being accomplished. Part II means "DO WHATEVER IT TAKES." And it will happen, despite the Dems efforts to cut and run.

 

BTW, even if you (mistakenly) think it's just an "outline", the Dems don't even have an outline.

I made it as simple as I could for you. It's really not complicated at all. Part I is already accomplished, Part II is being accomplished. Part II means "DO WHATEVER IT TAKES." And it will happen, despite the Dems efforts to cut and run.

 

BTW, even if you (mistakenly) think it's just an "outline", the Dems don't even have an outline.

 

 

Again, I'm not even attempting to defend the Democratic "plan". I'm simply asking for the details of the Republican plan.

 

The "Do whatever it takes part" is what I don't understand. What are the "whatever it takes"?

 

You don't have to make it simple. I don't want simple. I want facts.

 

The problem with the Republican party in general is that they believe the American public can be placated by broad statements. Americans aren't fools. WE want to know all the details, and what's being said leads us to believe that one of two things is happening:

 

1) There's such a lack of respect for the American General Public by the Republican Party, that they believe we don't need to know what the plans they may have for the future of our country, whether it be the war in Iraq or health care or social security....

 

or

 

2) The Republican party is lead by men who "fly by the seat of their pants" with no real thought-out plan. Which is pretty durn scary if you ask me.

Again, I'm not even attempting to defend the Democratic "plan". I'm simply asking for the details of the Republican plan.

 

The "Do whatever it takes part" is what I don't understand. What are the "whatever it takes"?

 

You don't have to make it simple. I don't want simple. I want facts.

 

The problem with the Republican party in general is that they believe the American public can be placated by broad statements. Americans aren't fools. WE want to know all the details, and what's being said leads us to believe that one of two things is happening:

 

1) There's such a lack of respect for the American General Public by the Republican Party, that they believe we don't need to know what the plans they may have for the future of our country, whether it be the war in Iraq or health care or social security....

 

or

 

2) The Republican party is lead by men who "fly by the seat of their pants" with no real thought-out plan. Which is pretty durn scary if you ask me.

 

Coming from someone who admits the Dems don't even have a plan.:thumb:

You say you want facts, but you really don't want to hear them. Again, STAY AND FINISH THE JOB is as simple a fact as you could ever ask for.

 

Do whatever it takes and finish the job. I don't know what there is about that, that is difficult to understand. You just don't want to hear it.

Coming from someone who admits the Dems don't even have a plan.:thumb:

You say you want facts, but you really don't want to hear them. Again, STAY AND FINISH THE JOB is as simple a fact as you could ever ask for.

 

Do whatever it takes and finish the job. I don't know what there is about that, that is difficult to understand. You just don't want to hear it.

 

 

I do want to hear them.

 

What is it going to take to finish the job? Is it more American troops? How are we going to recruit Iraqi's to train to eventually take over? How long shall we expect a significant American presence in Iraq? Will we begin bringing troops home within the next year? Two? Decade? At what point will an assessment of the situation in Iraq be conducted and analyzed, and a decision made about what role we can possibly serve in the future? Have we defined our role in Iraq at this time? Are we Peacekeepers? Are we constructionists? Are we to create a democracy for another nation? Are we trying to stop a civil war? Are we fighting terrorism? Is this a war? Is this a military action?

 

Those are questions I want answered. There's nothing at all simple about "Stay and finish the job". If anything, such a statement only underlines how difficult the task is. But, if you are to accomplish an extraordinary task, it's helpful to know what result is expected, and what timeframe one is working within.

 

Stay and finish the job is not a fact. It's a generalized, all-encompassing statement that in no way addresses a "plan".

  • Author
Help me out here. How does a lower SAT score, or a lower GPA make someone less prone to "botching a joke"? If anything, it would seem that it would make them more likely to make the mistake - not less.

 

 

Frances

I never said that it did. Kerry's explanation of his botched joke was essentially that he had intended to imply that somebody who did not take advantage of their educational opportunities and was intellectually lazy would get us stuck in Iraq. If that was his case, is he likewise and example of how somebody squandered their educational opportunities and whose intellectual laziness led them to vote for the war before he voted against it?

 

I guess I just don't get the joke and would not have gotten it even if Kerry had told it the way that his aide claims that it was scripted for him. In other words, Kerry's explanation is a stupid as the gaffe was.

I never said that it did. Kerry's explanation of his botched joke was essentially that he had intended to imply that somebody who did not take advantage of their educational opportunities and was intellectually lazy would get us stuck in Iraq. If that was his case, is he likewise and example of how somebody squandered their educational opportunities and whose intellectual laziness led them to vote for the war before he voted against it?

 

I guess I just don't get the joke and would not have gotten it even if Kerry had told it the way that his aide claims that it was scripted for him. In other words, Kerry's explanation is a stupid as the gaffe was.

 

That's why the Dems sent him home.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.