zebraman

Who Wins?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another part of the story that has not been mentioned from the Ryle game is that the Ryle running back Kyle England had 148 yards on 14 carries before he went out with an injury in the 2nd quarter. Also, Catholic's running game is suspect at best. Should be an interesting game.

I’m glad you pointed this out.

Another part of the story that has not been mentioned from the Ryle game is that the Ryle running back Kyle England had 148 yards on 14 carries before he went out with an injury in the 2nd quarter. Also, Catholic's running game is suspect at best. Should be an interesting game.

England had 27 yards against Highlands with about 15 of the them coming late in the 4th against Highlands reserves. He never could escape the birds Dline and LB group. Unless Lex Cath has the Scott County O-line, I don't expect them to be able to run with success against HHS.

You predict Cramer gets the best because you think HHS wins or because you think he is better than Allen?

BTW, rooting for HHS to get the W.

I think Cramer is underrated, not sure if he's better than Allen, but I think he keeps improving timing with receivers his numbers will grow. But the comment was mostly about the team results.

BTW- You're starting to see it already. The bomb to Ahlfeld last week hit him in stride. Remember he played baseball throughout spring ball.

Edited by Kinger4g
Additional comment.

Highlands defense is much improved from what I have seen this year, but I expected the offense to better. Maybe that will come later. I don't anything about LexCath except what I have read.

Highlands 30

LexCath 27

Highlands offense has struggled because they refuse the put the best player on the field. Huddy needs to be part of the offensive game plan. He doesnt need to be in all of the time, but he has to be a wrinkle in the playbook that D coaches have to prepare for. They NEVER practice with him on O, so I don’t look for this to change anytime soon. We heard all offseason about a couple of the best guys going both ways but up to this point, no one has done it. Maybe not in the cards, or maybe they just haven’t used it yet...

Highlands offense has struggled because they refuse the put the best player on the field. Huddy needs to be part of the offensive game plan. He doesnt need to be in all of the time, but he has to be a wrinkle in the playbook that D coaches have to prepare for. They NEVER practice with him on O, so I don’t look for this to change anytime soon. We heard all offseason about a couple of the best guys going both ways but up to this point, no one has done it. Maybe not in the cards, or maybe they just haven’t used it yet...

This has been an issue since BW became the head coach. I am not sure what it is going to take for this to change. I would expect to see Huddleston used on offense in the game against CovCath in some way shape or form as a "new" wrinkle.

I totally agree.

Highlands needs to use that 2 back formation with Buten and Coop early. It really establishes the run. Then start hitting those big body receivers on the quick short to medium routes. They waste plays running it out of the single back formation up the gut. It’s just not there. Need to pick and chose the times to throw deep as well, that is not there so much. If you only do it once a drive it might be.